Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move back to awaiting shipment if unable to ship via FBA automation

I have an issue which need to be addressed. We have orders that come in as 1 or 2 day shipping, set to auto fulfill from FBA. However, if 1 or more SKUs is not available at FBA then this order sits in the pending fulfillment folder but shows as unavailable. IN the event that this happens, it should automatically be transferred back into the awaiting shipment folder to be Merchant fulfilled. Getting stuck in this pending fulfillment folder could cause a shipment to be missed by warehouse staff. A simple setting that says "If fulfillment order is unable to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. upload shipping weight in grams

Currently, setting up the weight for shipstation UK is only available in pounds but want to convert it to grams

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. multiple packages column for CSV Order import

Need to have an option in CSV upload for the number of packages per order. Would also be great to be able to simply enter the number of identical packages on an order vs manually duplicating each package.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. branded return portal for shiphero or fba orders

Branded Return Portal doesn't work for Amazon FBA orders. Having to use Returnly - does exactly the same thing as Shipstation except customers can't initiate returns on shipstation. shipstation should allow returns on orders it doesn't ship out. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More HotKey Options for Order Specifics / Order Settings

Make order screen infinitely more hands-off by implementing the following four simple HotKey Lists (and especially their associated barcodes)

New HotKey List 1. Label Providers (to include Amazon for SFP orders)

New HotKey List 2. Carriers (UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc...)

New HotKey List 3. Services (UPS Ground, UPS Next Day Air Saver, UPS Next Day Air, UPS Second Day Air, etc...)

New HotKey List 4. Package (Custom, all "Your Packaging" options, and any carrier/service specific packaging options from selection in list 2 or 3).

Wow what an awesome option for a workflow, right? This can be done with mouse clicks…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Tag for ebay plus order from ebay.de in shipstation

I got some German orders from ebay.de. And some of these orders are eBay Plus orders (like amazon prime order, must be shipped the same day). I use shipstation to handle my US orders for a long time and shipstation shows convenience und reliability. It would be great if shipstation adds a special tag for these ebay plus orders. Then the seller can figure out which German orders should be shipped the same day.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. search history queue

I would love to see a text box or drop down menu that has a rolling 5-10 previous search queries, so you can easily find a recent search query.

Currently, if you search for a buyer/order and then have to go back to an order, you have to resubmit the search query.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Filter by SKU quantity

We would like to print labels and create batches based on the quantity of a specific SKU. Currently, we can only access "SKU" and "Total quantity" in the filter and we have to manually filter SKU qty >= 2.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please allow me to create multiple new orders at once from my existing customer list!

I run an in print newsletter for a club I run and I have to send out 8 newsletters a year to all of my members.

So its crazy frustrating to not be able to just check the box next to multiple "customers" at once and click the button "new order".

CSV file importing from my square space does not allow me to differentiate between who ordered a full run newsletter, a partial newsletter or just someone who ordered a singular back issue or who no longer gets a mailing as the tags I have in place don't carry over…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add the discount column in the lower horizontal bar when we select order in orders column

Please add the discount column in the lower horizontal bar when we select order in orders column

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. sort printed date

Ability to sort the batches by "Printed Date". We print batches out of order and we have hundreds of batches a day. We would love to be able to quickly sort that "Printed Date" column to quickly see what hasn't been printed yet.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add a highlight option to keep track of which order I'm up too

When a order is selected, there should be a option to keep the selected order " greyed out or highlighted " so when you adjust the order and then select the next order underneath you know where you are up too when going through orders. Highlighted / Greyed out orders have been adjusted, unhighlighted orders still need adjusting

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Drop Shipping

1. Need auto split feature on orders; so can easily ship from 2 locations.

2. Be able to tag my products in Shopify; so that the tags will update in SS; so don't have to manually apply tags in SS again.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Search for orders using tags.

Please could you add the ability for tags to be typed into the search bar and bring up specific orders. I know you can do it in the advanced search but this is a slower process. if orders can be searched for using a tag then a barcode for a specific tag could be scanned and the correct order(s) can be brought up increasing speed of workflow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi thank you for bringing this up! Can you tell us a bit more about what you’re looking to do with these orders once you’ve found them or why you’re looking up orders by tags?

You may be able to use filters to look for orders marked with specific tags instead. Here’s some information on how you can do that: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205899958

Please let us know here in the forum what you think.

15. Shorcut barcode search (ctrl shift s) delivery times display

It would be helpful if there was a way to display estimated delivery times when selecting between USPS Priority, FedEx Home Delivery, etc. when using the shortcut barcode search (ctrl shift s). It can become a bit inefficient when having to exit out of an order to find delivery times and then ctrl shift s to continue. By allowing delivery times to show when using shortcut barcode search, it would eliminate the hassle to exit out and search order and have to go back to shortcut search just to find delivery times. This would make it nice to easily search…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add new xml field in magento order sent to shipstation using the Auctane extension.

We use the Auctane Shipstation extension on our magento1 store. Now we need to add a custom field to that order xml that is being sent shipstation. How can we do that?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico Rate to State error
    I receive multiple orders from Puerto Rico everyday

Each time I have to manually change the state to PR from Puerto Rico or i get a rate to state error

Shipstation should be able to change it to PR automatically

We are getting way more PR orders and its a PITA to change the addresses. It would save me 10 minutes a day.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. CustomField Mapping for Bonanza

We use customfield mapping to populate PayPal Id #'s on our eBay orders. We then export the file to our software with this information. It makes it much easier to reconcile payments in the end. It would be nice to have that option with Bonanza.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tracking who packed an order

Track who packed an order. In our business, shippers (users) ship and packers pack. We need to track who packed an order and be able to generate reports. This will allow us to identify who is responsible for errors and track individual productivity. Reports should include line items. Tags or "assigned to" data is clumsy but could work if the reports could be generated. Individually assigned scan guns for a packer to "claim" and order (from scan of order number barcode on packing list) would be best.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need workflow automation to separate large products into different packages

We have a number of large items that need to be shipped separately by default. It would be useful to set up some automation that would apply a rule to those products that would always ship them in their own package.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base