Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display Number of Orders Selected

First off, you guys rock! I love Ship Station & hope to be part of making it even better.

I often group by Item Name so that I can batch print labels, add tags, put orders on hold or a number of other functions. Once I've selected the group of orders I want to work with, it would be helpful to know how many I've selected. Right now, the only way to do this is to nav to the "Apply Bulk Action" function. There, the number of items selected is displayed. I then cancel that function and return to my…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Xero

Many retailers in the UK use XERO for invoicing, accounting and tracking their inventory. We think XERO and Shipstation could be synchronised.

30 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow Mapping to "Ship By" date field when importing orders using an .csv file.

Allow Mapping to "Ship By" date field when importing orders using an .csv file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adding a shipstation background color option!

Like how you can do a dark/night mode on google chrome to reduce eye strain!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have a website on Godaddy and would like to import items for shipping from debbys5dollarjewelry.com

I have a website on Godaddy and would like to import items for shipping from debbys5dollarjewelry.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Unicode (non-Roman characters) support

We have a company store that sells to the world market. Countries in Asia (Chinese/Japanese/Korean) use 2-byte, non-Roman, unicode characters in their names and addresses. These address will have last characters filtered or altered when printed. It is annoying and risky to loss, not able to print them properly. As more and more companies sells internationally, it is good to prepare ShipStation ready for world markets.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. fulfillment by amazon for international orders

Multi-channel fulfillment by amazon is great, but you have to use exactly the same SKU that you are using for your FBA inventory if you want your international shopify order to forward to amazon.co.uk or amazon.ca (or wherever) for fulfillment. This is not realistic as I have an original SKU used in my shopify and seller fulfilled amazon.com account, a separate SKU for US FBA, and separate SKUs for FBA in other countries (which is exactly what amazon tells you to do). As a result, there is no way for an order placed on my shopify and heading to the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Shopify order tags

We would like to have the ability to bring in order tags from shopify. We tag orders with various things and need to have those tags available to us.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Assign order to user, and assigned user name is showing on shipment

Currently Operations - User Name is displayed on shipment
    Instead of this, or adding another column for assigned user

so we can trace work performance by assigned user

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Flag orders that have had their address modified by ShipStation

Nearly every online platform we sell on requires us to do at least this one thing, "Ship to the address provided by the customer" It gives us seller protection on eBay, helps our case in chargeback claims, and even A-z claims if they come up.

ShipStation's address verification is a very useful tool however sometimes it completely changes an address, and in the flow of hundreds of orders per day we are unaware of it. This leads to return to sender, dead letter, or even mis-delivered packages and in turn, into loss of profit on sales.

I'd like the chance…

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. search by RMA

It would be great to be able to search by RMA. The numbers are there, so it seems odd that there's no way to use them as a search criteria.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More sophisticated batch field mapping

It seems every field except those needed to actually print a shipping label is able to be field mapped upon csv import. It is very convoluted that you cannot field map carrier and ship service type until you have imported a csv, and manually selected orders to map carrier and shipping service type in the side panel. In UPS Worldship and Stamps.com, it is actually a requirement to list your carrier and service in the csv before import, and match your carrier and service terms during import field mapping (in separate fields, mind you- not all jammed together like ShipStation).

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Customer Frequency

It would be very helpful if on the Awaiting Shipment page, a column option could be added to the "Columns" drop down menu for "Frequency" or "Orders" so one could see at a glance if a customer is new or returning. The information is currently being collected and can be seen if one runs a report from: Insights tab > Reports > Raw Data Export > Customers. It would just be very convenient to see it on the shipments screen.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. back order management

Is there a way to set automated rule to release the backorder from hold to awaiting payment base on the stock availability?

When we take orders, it may contain products that's ready to ship and products that's on backordered. We would split the order into two, fulfill and ship the available stock, backorder the rest by putting the second part of the order to hold. It will be very helpful for us to be able to set an automated rule to release the order from hold to awaiting payment when we receive the backordered products?

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Custom Order Status Mapping for 3dCart

Currently you don’t support 3dCart custom order mapping. We want to switch to your platform but this is a show stopper.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Button for mapping address location

Im going to sound lazy when I say this , but can you add a button next to the address that will link directly to a map software. Google earth would be great. I use this often to be sure that if someone orders and provides a Postal address that they truly do have a mailbox or mail slot. Actually looking at the satellite view helps immensely with making sure the address is correct. I understand I can copy and paste but a little button would be O so cute!
    Thank you !

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add funds button color

Would like the "add funds" button to be a different color - red works. We add in blocks of large funds to make it easier for accounting department. They get upset at small adds. Sometimes while flying through orders we don't notice we're also adding funds and not only shipping because the button color is the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow 'Or' logic, case statements, and 'in' lists for automation rules

Automation Rules need to be able to use 'Or' logical conditions, case statements, or inclusion lists.
    For example.. to assign a specific carrier/serivce option for ground shipments, we almost exclusively go by weight. And then map the different sales channels' versions of what 'ground' means.

It would save alot of redundant rules to be able to add these logical conditions to this.
    whereby we could then do this in just one rule, instead of many redundant rules.

if weight > = 16 oz and
    (requested service = 'Free Shipping'
    or requested service = 'Std US D2D Dom')
    then {do this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add "Package" as a mappable field for CSV order uploads

Add "Package" as a mappable field for CSV order uploads

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. search shipments

Searching under Shipments should also include Returns results. Currently you need to open Advanced Search and filter for Returns. This is not intuitive and different that the way search works in Products & Orders.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base