Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Order Filter - Customer Email

There are so many order filter options but not Customer Email address within the order.

We received hundreds of orders from one of our marketing/referral partners and all orders come with an email ending in "@example.com". If we could use Order Filter and Automation to grab these emails and use a specific Ship-to and Email Shipment Template and Packing Slip Template, it would save us so much time and energy each day.

It's just strange because so many options are there but email, which is a basic element to all orders is NOT available.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add Picked Up, Hand Delivered as Mark as Shipped carrier options

When I hand deliver or the customer picks up and I manually mark it as shipped, it requires me to select a carrier, so can you make a carrier in the drop-down that is "picked up" and does not request a tracking number to be put in and maybe make another carrier that is "hand-delivered" or "self-delivered" and also does not require a tracking number?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Update Mckesson drop shipper via API

We use product drop-ship service through McKesson. Would be great if the tracking information updated via API integration with the McKesson system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Accurately Update Split Orders

When we have single orders fulfilled by multiple vendors, some offsite. When an order is being fulfilled onsite via shipstation and there's another vendor fulfilling an order that will be updated from shopify, shipstation never accurately updates the remaining part of the order. This causes us to have to go back through all the shipped orders and manually update shipstation to clear the queue.
    PLEASE MAKE THE SOFTWARE UPDATE ACCURATELY FROM SHOPIFY

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show Thumbnails in orders grid! Small image should be an item that can be added in the grid!

I come from a different platform, recently switched to shipstation for several advantages, but the most annoying issue with ShipStation is that the orders grid does not shows a small image of the item.

I know you can show the order details on the right and there is a thumbnail there, but it would be great if a thumbnail was appearing on the orders grid.

Think of it like how eBay display search results when you search for an item: it shows a grid/list of items, first think you see on the left of each raw is a thumbnail......................... thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. scan to verify - create new option for backordered items

Scenario: picker is scanning product in and gets to a line that is out of stock. There is no way to move forward and mark the item as backordered, or save the verification process mid step. you can skip the line and scan everything else in, but there is no way to ship the order from that screen without verifying the backorder, which for us means we picked it. if you leave the order partially verified at that point all of your previous verification disappears. So we would like to either have the ability to have a done button at…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Scan UPC to bring up Order and print label

I would like to be able to scan a upc to bring up order information and to print a label through this way.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Logic Rules for Return Eligibility

Our return policy is: return for full refund within 14-days, but no bathing suits, bike shorts or products purchased at 30% off or more. The returns program should have logic rules to accept or deny these requests automatically.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ship in full indicator

I would like to see a simple column in the Orders grid to indicate if an order can ship in full or not.

For example, the simple column could be "Full" or "Full Shipment" and then, if the order can ship in full it has a green light, yellow means that it can only ship some of the items, and red means that it can't ship any of the items.

This is all based upon inventory in stock. I have seen that exact system in other warehouse management systems and it works well. It's easy and fast to see which…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Update Product weight and UPC while Shipping

Please have a button or way to save product weight while processing shipments so we do not have to go into the product database or import the product details separately to update new items or correct incorrect items.

For example, manufacturer has all the weights at 16oz, but really several are 15. This can make the difference of a couple dollars per shipment. Another example, Excel removed a leading 0 on UPC and it isn't scanning correctly. This would allow us to update product details on random items MUCH faster without disrupting the flow of shipping.

It can be limited…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. show store with combine order alerts

In the Alert to review orders that can be combined due to same address, show the store/stores the order is coming from in the view without having to select the customer and leave the alerts section. Not all stores need the orders combined, and this would make combing through them much faster until there is an automation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. USPS Express Sunday/Holiday delivery guarantee add on

USPS offers USPS Express Sunday/Holiday delivery to most major metro cities for an additional fee. Currently the only way to add this on is to use your stamps.com account to print your label and click "extra services". This should be a simple option to add into Shipstation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automate Multiple Box Shipments

We have many products that are packaged in their box. I would like to be able to automate multiple box shipments. For example, I would tag certain products "ships standalone". Then if someone orders this product and other items shipstation would automatically select a carrier that supports multi piece shipments like Fedex. Set box 1 to the weight and dimensions of the product tagged "ships standalone" and for the second box add the remaining products.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A way to isolate skipped marketplace notifications in bulk.

A way to isolate skipped marketplace notifications in bulk. Currently, the only feature is to isolate by warnings however an order could have a successful customer notification and a skipped marketplace notification... In this situation there is no way to find them. Even the ability to sort by successful or skipped would work. Make it happen ShipStation, without this I CANT GET SHIP DONE!!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fedex PO Reference Field

Hello we use Shipstation for almost everything and it's been great. For our wholesale orders to Walmart.com they require the PO number in a specific field called "P.O. Number"

We're able to get the PO number to appear for the "Your Reference" field by adding the number into custom field 1. However we're unable get it to appear in the more specific "P.O. Number" reference field. I've attached documentation from their shipping guide describing this.

We would love to use Shipstation to ship Fedex for our Walmart wholesale orders but are unable to until this capability is available.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support partial order updates via ShipStation's API

For the orders/createorder endpoint, if a valid orderKey is user-provided, the request becomes an order update. This means that we must fetch the order's data and then regurgitate it back in our request, even if all we wanted to do is change one thing. This not only creates extra work, but is also error prone, because simpler is always less prone to bugs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow 2 companies to share a printer w/o re-logging into shipstation connect everytime......

Hello,

I own 2 seperate companies and we have 2 seperate Shipstation accounts. we ship multiple packages a day via each, and its really inconvenient to deactivate Shipstation connect every time we have to switch between the 2 accounts... Can we please figure out a way to make the switch easier? re-activating Shipstation connect between shipments is a pain... but so far its the only way we can share this workstation printer between the 2 shipstation accounts! please help. Thank you Devs!!! you rock!

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adding ITN to UPS Shipment

Hi Shipstation Developers- Please make adding an ITN to a UPS shipment as easy and straightforward as adding ITN to USPS shipment. I have attached a photo of what the USPS ITN field looks like (red arrow) in the customs section of an order. This field is not available for UPS shipments for some reason.

(FWIW, I spent much time with a member of your support team chatting and emailing about this issue already and didn't really get anywhere. The rep was helpful but unfortunately their proposed workaround of adding the ITN to the 'ITN/Tax ID or USPS' line in…

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Kilogrammes

Can we have Kilogrammes (Kg) added in a shipping weight type

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How many orders a customer has had column on the order fulfillment page

On the orders page I can hover over a customers name and it shows me how many orders they have, however I do not have a way to put a column on this page instead of needing to hover over.

It would be helpful if we could have a column that showed how many orders that particular customer had.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base