Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need to add the Restore function to V3

I have tried the ‘Create Another Shipment’ option in V3, however the problem is that it does not carry forward the item detail from the original shipment into the new shipment.

Therefore at the end of the month when I reconcile the inventory, it does not show that we in fact shipped 2pc of whatever item it was, it only records the original item shipment.

Please pass along my comments to the developers as this function is essential to our order processing, inventory management as well as our month end reporting.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Order Status Display During Scan and Verify

When using Scan and Verify, the current Order Status is not displayed in the screen header (like on other ShipStation screens).

When processing orders - entering/scanning in the order # - the Order Status should be displayed on the header next to the order number, and it would be better to also warn the shipper that the order is now Canceled (Same as warning given when duplicate printing a packing slip).

Since orders can be canceled by the channel (e.g. Shopify) between the pick & pack time frame... this would help prevent unnecessary shipments.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. change ship date single order

There has to be a way to change the shipping date with a single order, like one can do with many orders before purchasing labels

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sort by Company in Shipping area

All other fields in the shipping area can be sorted EXCEPT company. For B2B companies this is important. It's an easy fix and I have been asking for over two years!

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Cancel an order

I have been using ship station since last 6 years consistently, and worked with many other apis and every one provide a separate end point for cancelling an order instead of making it complex to add un-necessary fields information to cancel an order.

Please create new end point for canceling orders like we have for mark order as shipped in API https://www.shipstation.com/docs/api/orders/mark-as-shipped/ , so we can write separate script for canceling orders to make more organized our order system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. font on pick list

Font on Oick list when priting to 4 x 6 Thermal Printer is too Small

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. change shipping option after label prinded

After priting Shipment labe, option should be availavle to reprint with a differnt option for exanple large to mediam or padded to medium box

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Scan and Verify with RMA Form

Create a Scan & Verify like process for receiving in an RMA. This could result in printing a "Receiving Slip" template (an RMA Form, like a Packing List but for reverse logistics use.

This would allow customer returns to be accepted at a dock, and a paper traveler could be attached to the material (for inspection, restocking, etc.).

Currently the RMA only helps facilitate getting the product back to the dock, and does not provide support in routing material onto the "next" step.

**Alternate path, is to have a Branded RMA form print with the Return Label for the customer…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Default to currently-selected store when entering a new manual order

We have two different manual stores, and I am always forgetting to select the proper store from the dropdown when creating a new manual order... even though I already have the proper store selected in the left / main menu.

It would be more intuitive if the new order entry screen defaulted to the currently-selected store -- as opposed to realizing after the fact that the order was created in the wrong store, and needs to be cancelled and re-done.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add order level fields to available mappings for Shopify

We need to have Location and Order Tag from Shopify available in ShipStation. It is not possible to determine which fulfillment partner is supposed to fulfill an order without that information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. having the option to remove the timer for an order

sometimes I use ship-station as a reminder to send something to someone.
    so i add a manual order, yet i know it suppose to be only in a week or so...
    i need the option to remove the timer from those orders as i don't want it to interfere with my shipping time statistics.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Would love a way to sort shipping services in the laebel creation dropdown

Being able to sort the shipping carriers in the services drop down would be very helpful. Being able to put the ones you use at the top of the list would save a lot of scrolling!
    Cheers,
    Mike

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a new order status for allocated orders

It would be great to introduce a new order status before Awaiting Shipment' called 'Waiting for Stock' or 'Back Order'.

At the moment we have a custom Magento status called 'readytopick' for orders we can ship. Orders in 'processing' have not had stock allocated to them using our ERP so are not ready to ship.

We only bring orders that have the status 'readytoship' into Shipstation so we can't see all orders where we don't have the stock.

It would be great if we could set an order status for backorder and an order status for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. no suburb

You really must add a suburb field in the customer/recipient widget.

In Australia, a postcode is not adequate to define where a delivery goes because there are multiple suburbs with the same postcode.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Supress print queue warning

I'm struggling to understand the reasoning behind the red button that pops up when you've printed a label in the top right of the screen.
    To me it means Warning, Do I need a warning to tell me that a label has been printed?
    I know a label has printed as I have it in my hand.
    My suggestion is that you don't have a warning there unless there is a problem and something has failed to print, then you can look at what you've attempted to print recently and take action accordingly.
    As it is at the moment it's…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Scan to Tag

I'd like to be able to quickly tag orders with an "error" tag - within the "Scan" tab. So our warehouse team can flag orders quickly - possibly even with a scan to barcode option.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Order Filter - Customer Email

There are so many order filter options but not Customer Email address within the order.

We received hundreds of orders from one of our marketing/referral partners and all orders come with an email ending in "@example.com". If we could use Order Filter and Automation to grab these emails and use a specific Ship-to and Email Shipment Template and Packing Slip Template, it would save us so much time and energy each day.

It's just strange because so many options are there but email, which is a basic element to all orders is NOT available.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Picked Up, Hand Delivered as Mark as Shipped carrier options

When I hand deliver or the customer picks up and I manually mark it as shipped, it requires me to select a carrier, so can you make a carrier in the drop-down that is "picked up" and does not request a tracking number to be put in and maybe make another carrier that is "hand-delivered" or "self-delivered" and also does not require a tracking number?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Update Mckesson drop shipper via API

We use product drop-ship service through McKesson. Would be great if the tracking information updated via API integration with the McKesson system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Accurately Update Split Orders

When we have single orders fulfilled by multiple vendors, some offsite. When an order is being fulfilled onsite via shipstation and there's another vendor fulfilling an order that will be updated from shopify, shipstation never accurately updates the remaining part of the order. This causes us to have to go back through all the shipped orders and manually update shipstation to clear the queue.
    PLEASE MAKE THE SOFTWARE UPDATE ACCURATELY FROM SHOPIFY

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base