Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scan and Verify Product UPC to make sure to Ship right product and Quantity

Ability to Scan and Verify the UPC code of the product get shipped for the individual order.

So, this will eliminate the WRONG item being shipped and Wrong Quantity being shipped.

Also "Ship Order" button activates only when the right product(s) is scanned and right quantity is scanned for the order.

Products that does not come with UPC may be shipped by manually entering item SKU in the barcode scan field.

540 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    135 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

2. A rule to split an order and to combine an order! Please!

If there is an automation rule to split an order and combine orders, that would make life a lot easier!

291 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    96 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your input, everyone!

We are still looking into implementing rules for splitting and combining orders.

There are already great comments here, but more ideas for implementation and your personal workflow is always welcome.

Could you give us more information on what you use this for? How often do you experience this?

3. Combine orders automatically

Auto combine feature for multi orders when they have the same shipping address.

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting, everyone!

The product team will review your request and you’ll hear from us once we have made a decision.

In the meantime, how often do you combine orders each week? Are there times you do not want to combine orders even though they are going to the same location?

Feel free to add any more information that will help us make an informed decision by commenting here in the forum!

4. International currency.

First, I would be appreicated your service!
    I've been downloading "Order-Dara Export" from the order.
    But I also would be nice if I can see "Currency" there.
    When I get GBP 54.66 order, I was able to see as USD 54.66.
    Hope to be added Currency tab for international orders and stores.
    Thanks.

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    52 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi! ShipStation is still in the process of understanding the best way to address multiple currencies within a single ShipStation account. We greatly thank you for your patience as we work towards supporting this much-desired feature.

5. Allow Custom Shipping Method

Would like to be able to add a custom shipping method, for example Customer Pick Up, or Pallet Delivery.

Sometimes we also ship to a marketplace with shipping labels provided by the marketplace, however we'd still like to process the order through Ship Station, just not use our UPS/Fedex account, for example. At present there doesn't seem to be any way to override the shipping presets.

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

“Thank you for bringing this up! To understand this better, how are you doing this today? And what’s the most frustrating part about it?

Please comment on this thread so we can gather research to see if this is something which could be introduced in the future."

6. Add a duplicate order feature

Currently during an exchange, we reship the original order and then have to change the packing slip by hand writing the changes. While we could create manual orders for each of these, right now customer information does not automatically fill in all of the time when creating an order. When this happens we can go to the customers tab and then search for the customer and then create an order from there, but this seems like an extra step. It would be convenience to have a "duplicate order" button that would create a new order to the same recipient directly…

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    43 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, everyone! Thanks for showing your support here! Can you tell us more about what you would use this feature for?

From the previous comments it looks like some users are looking to use this for exchanges or more accurate accounting. Do you all agree?

What do you think about our re-ship feature? Every time you re-ship an order, we will show you all the tracking numbers related to that order and its status. You’re able to change the order details for each label you re-ship.

More info on re-ship (not to be confused with re-print): https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206638607

Please let us hear your comments in the forum and add your ideas with other users so we can get the full picture!

7. Include both Billing Address and Shipping Address when d/l 'ing orders

Include all relevant data when downloading order info. Often times I need to contact the person who purchased the products and as it works now I would have to go back to the shopping cart to get that info slowing the process.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a product option filter

I would like to be able to filter orders based on product options that are imported from my marketplace. This is needed because my marketplace uses one sku for all options. Therefore a size small gets the same sku as a size large of the same product.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customizable Views and User Permissions

Ability to further customize what each user sees in ShipStation (Shipped, Cancelled tabs on the left side of page)

When we have people join our shipping team, I know that ShipStation can be a bit overwhelming. So the simpler and more straightforward the layout, the easy it is to train people.

What it accomplishes: Easy way to train new employees.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, everyone! We’re still interested in this idea since it gained a lot of support when it first came out. Can you tell us more about customizable views and user permissions?

As per our last update, have you tried using User Restrictions to allow your new shippers to only see orders assigned to them?

Also, I’d like to mention we have weekly webinars (http://www.shipstation.com/webinars/) and tutorial videos (http://www.shipstation.com/videos/) to help!

10. Order Transfer

Having the feature or capability to move orders from one store to another. It can start with the implementation of order management between the manual Shipstation stores. It is very troublesome to do the work around of cancelling orders and re-importing them.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone! Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Can you tell us more about the last time you needed to transfer orders between accounts, and under what circumstances do you find yourself needing to transfer orders?

11. Ability to Rename Batch

The ability to rename batches would be great. There is now the ability to have multiple batches, which great for sorting orders waiting to be fulfilled. However, it is not very easy to sort without memorizing which batch # is for which group of orders for that day. If there was a way to even add a keyword to the end of the batch number [ex. batch#1234567 - product] So that when I am sorting through a zillion orders assigning them to each batch they need to be in, it is much easier to remember which batch to put them…

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The product team will review your request and you’ll hear from us once we have made a decision. Please post your comments back here so that others can collaborate on this as well.

12. Allow shipment of unpaid orders!!!

ShipStation is a great tool for shipping items but it shouldn't force all orders to be paid before they are shipped.

We ship a lot of orders that are "paid" by purchase order and having to mark them as paid in ShipStation in order to ship them creates accounting issues. When we pull the orders Into Quickbooks, they come across as paid and we have no automated way of tracking unpaid invoices.

I like the idea of identifying orders in ShipStation that are not paid but let me decide if I want to ship them!

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We’d like hear other scenarios from other users so we can revisit this idea. What specific workflow requires shipping unpaid orders? What is the most frustrating thing about having to ensure orders are paid for before you ship them (or mark them as paid)? We look forward to hearing more from you!

13. Add decimals to automated weight adjustments

We ship mostly with USPS first class and use light poly envelopes to ship items out which weigh .5oz-2oz. ShipStation allows you to have products to the tenth decimal, but when we use the automation features to add the dunnage factor of a .3oz envelope, we can only do whole numbers. This actually does make a difference in high volume/low profit businesses where a bump in first class price can make all the difference.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The product team will review your request and you’ll hear from us once we have made a decision. Please post your comments back here so that others can collaborate on this as well.

14. BILLING/SHIPPING ADDRESS MISMATCH NOTIFICATION Fraud Prevention Idea: One of the biggest red flags in a fraudulent transaction with a stolen

BILLING/SHIPPING ADDRESS MISMATCH NOTIFICATION Fraud Prevention Idea

One of the biggest red flags in a fraudulent transaction with a stolen credit card is that the Billing Address and Shipping Address DO NOT MATCH.

I believe ShipStation should have a literal RED FLAG column in the orders screen that shows a RED FLAG when there is a mismatch between the billing address and shipping address. This way we can go in and look at the order in more detail to see if there is further indication a stolen credit card was used.

This would save us LOTS of money. For example,…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your input, everyone! The product team will review your request and you’ll hear from us once we have made a decision.

In the meantime, please provide as much detail as you can in this forum about how you detect fraud today or how many times a day/week you come across fraudulent orders. We’d like to hear input from other users as well!

15. Allow the ability to specify a weight for "Your packaging"

To get accurate rates we've been adding the weights of packaging to the weights of each of our SKUs. But when multiple SKUs are ordered at once, the weight ends up being higher and we could potentially be over-charged.

If we could input weights for our packages we've created under "Your Packaging" we could input the actual weight of each SKU and could end up with more accurate order weights and shipping rates.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Generate return labels for one or all of the packages in a multi-package shipment

Currently, when generating a return label, you can only generate a label for a single package. Many of our orders are sent as multiple packages. If a customer desires to return there entire order, there isn't an easy way to generate multi-package return labels for an existing shipment.

We'd really love this functionality.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your input, everyone!

If you’re creating this return yourself from a previously shipped order, you can create however many return labels needed.

Once you’ve created the return label (within the shipment detail screen) for the first line item you’ve selected and created the label, you’ll stay in the returns screen in the order detail screen and press the blue + New Return link.

This will allow you to create separate return labels for your line items.

If this doesn’t work for you please let us know!

17. Show Tracking Numbers For Marked As Shipped Orders

When an order is in a Shipped status and a tracking number exists, the tracking number should be available in the Orders list or the Order Details page.

It is currently shown on the Order Details page for manual shipments, but not for any fulfillment.

It should be displayed above Shipping Info even when it was a fulfillment order. There's really no reason for it not to be displayed here.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing up this improvement for fulfillments!

We’d like for your idea to gain momentum and support from other users before making a decision. Please comment here in the forum with any information that may catch the attention of other users.

18. "Ship Date Filter" under the Orders Tab

I was wondering in the Orders Tab under "Shipped" you guys can add a "Ship Date Filter". You currently have an "Order Date Filter". Thanks!

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you, @tysonmiller for the update! We’d like to hear what other users have to say about using the Shipped view instead of the Shipments page in order to get a full picture of the idea before making a decision.

Please be sure to comment here in the forum so everyone can add their input with yours.

19. Support for common foreign characters

Currently, orders containing addresses with foreign characters such as ó, ƒ, Ê, _ and many others are being imported into shipstation in a garbled way.

Shipstation actually does "support" most of the common international characters if you paste them in to the orders which is time-consuming and cumbersome. It just doesn't import csv files correctly as UTF-8.

Basic foreign characters such as ones used in Latin America and Europe are very necessary for international shipping. Please fix this.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. RMA support for customer-shipped returns

Very simply, support for the RMA tracking process without having to issue a return label. If the customer wants to ship the item back to me, I'd like to be able to track it within SS and connect it to their existing order.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your input! We’d like for your idea to gain some traction with other users, so could you give some more detail on why your customers would prefer to ship the item to you on their own? How often do you run into this?

Please comment here in the forum so other users can contribute to your idea!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base