Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Import pending orders as well

On Amazon, there are pending orders but they are not shown in ShipStation. Those are important information that we don't want to miss for inventory management. Could you please consider to add this in your next release? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. We would like to place the "ship by date" on the order summary. Please add this feature!

We would like to place the "ship by date" on the order summary. Please add this feature!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please allow me to create multiple new orders at once from my existing customer list!

I run an in print newsletter for a club I run and I have to send out 8 newsletters a year to all of my members.

So its crazy frustrating to not be able to just check the box next to multiple "customers" at once and click the button "new order".

CSV file importing from my square space does not allow me to differentiate between who ordered a full run newsletter, a partial newsletter or just someone who ordered a singular back issue or who no longer gets a mailing as the tags I have in place don't carry over…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Notification/alert if the tracking number shows no movement after 24 or 48 hours

It would be great to get a notification/alert when a tracking number shows no movement after 24 or 48 hours. This would help us know if a label was created but never shipped.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. sort printed date

Ability to sort the batches by "Printed Date". We print batches out of order and we have hundreds of batches a day. We would love to be able to quickly sort that "Printed Date" column to quickly see what hasn't been printed yet.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add a column for label created date and time

I'm surprised there is no column for when the label was created and/or printed.. And please include a time stamp, not just the date.

love,
    Gabe

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico Rate to State error
    I receive multiple orders from Puerto Rico everyday

Each time I have to manually change the state to PR from Puerto Rico or i get a rate to state error

Shipstation should be able to change it to PR automatically

We are getting way more PR orders and its a PITA to change the addresses. It would save me 10 minutes a day.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Order status change alert

It would be great to add an order status alert functionality. For instance, if an order moves from "Awaiting Payment" to "Awaiting Shipment" then I would like to get an email or SMS notification that this has happened. Most of the time this status change happens automatically, when an order in WooCommerce changes status and the store gets synced with ShipStation. So I'd like to know when that happens. Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

9. Apply package set to orders in bulk (or allow presets to have multiple packages)

We currently import our orders using a CSV to Shipstation from our internal database. 95% of our orders are standard "kit" configurations consisting of two boxes with the same dimensions and weights each time. We always ship these orders via Fedex.

It would be very helpful to be able to configure the order using two boxes in bulk for these orders. Upon researching this capability, it appears that it is possible to configure and apply a preset in bulk, but the preset only allows one box (not multiple ones). There is a package set feature that allows multiple boxes to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

10. We regularly combine shipping and refund our buyers if they made several separate transactions and didn't receive the combined shipping disc

We regularly combine shipping and refund our buyers if they made several separate transactions and didn't receive the combined shipping discount automatically.

As of now, we are just manually tracking our combines as we make them in Ship Station by writing them down at the end of each day. Then our office manager get's the list and manually refunds these customers. There is so much room for human error in this system that we are constantly missing refunds and customers are getting upset.

Is there any way to generate a daily report of the orders that we have combined? That…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

Thanks for your great idea!

While there isn’t currently a way to do this, I hope you’ll find this suggestion useful.

Anytime an order is combined for your needs, you can tag an order (that you will create and name), and at the end of your day you can filter for said tagged orders and view this way! While this still leaves a small window for human error, it will be easier to pull all combined orders in a single view.

After you have all orders filtered this way, you can also do a custom export to stand in as the “Report” you desire.

For now, we will keep this idea open for others to comment and leave their feedback on. If you have any issues with the suggestion provided, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team!

11. Display Product Options on Packing Slip

I sell on Amazon Handmade. I use ShipStation for printing labels, but I have to still print the packing slips in Seller Central because ShipStation does not include the product options such as size and color for the products ordered. Can you make it where that information is available in ShipStation. You would save me hours everyday!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Lisa!

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

Since any changes to the API ShipStation uses must be approved by Amazon, it may also be worth your time to reach out to Amazon as well and let them know your interest to help expedite the process!

12. 3rd Party Insurance Providers

At the moment, we can only insure our packages via carrier of our choice (FedEx and UPS) or Shipsurance. But unfortunately even with discounted rates from Shipsurance, prices are still too high and we like to be able to connect a different Insurance provider (3rd party)
    This will save us lots of money and allow us to use a familiar and trusted service provider.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Item Removed to Match Marketplace Notification

It would be great if we could be notified in some way when an order automatically has items removed to match marketplace. Sometimes when order are imported to Ship Station, items get removed because on the marketplace they are out of stock or unavailable. But there's no tag or alert notifying shippers that this change occurred. They have to look at order activity to be sure things haven't been removed. If this is missed, then there is a risk of sending a partial shipment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automate orders that have already been imported.

We have some orders that are picked up in store. For these orders, we'd like to make a rule that after the order has been open for X days (and the customer hasn't picked up), it sends us an email reminder to refund the customer and cancel the order.

I've managed to make an automation rule that does exactly that, but it will only process on the orders as they are being imported, which makes it useless in these kinds of situations.

It would be great if there was a way to automate orders that have already been imported.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As a potential option for your workflow, you could “Reprocess” your automation rules daily. As long as those orders are still in Awaiting Shipment, the rule will run and you should be notified. If you have issues getting the email, you can also set up an alert with the order # and a short message. Contact our support team if you have further questions about this.

15. Shipment claims

We wish ShipStation developers would include a function in its interface where we could start a claim for lost shipments right from within the shipment (as we can do with returns - See figure). That would be such a life, time, hassle saver!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tracking who packed an order

Track who packed an order. In our business, shippers (users) ship and packers pack. We need to track who packed an order and be able to generate reports. This will allow us to identify who is responsible for errors and track individual productivity. Reports should include line items. Tags or "assigned to" data is clumsy but could work if the reports could be generated. Individually assigned scan guns for a packer to "claim" and order (from scan of order number barcode on packing list) would be best.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Flexible FBA Quantities

We are offering different bundle deals to our customers such as 2 pack or 4 pack deals. But our actual inventory is being placed as a single unit in FBA. This way we can keep ourselves more flexible and offer more customized deals.

Although we can download SKUs of bundle deals and define fulfillment SKU in Shipstaion App. But we are also looking for an option to adjust quantities e.g. a pack of 2 deals SKU would be required to ship 2 units instead of one.

We would really appreciate if Ship station can add this feature. This will give…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. UPS Reference Fields

Currently ShipStation does not support UPS Reference fields. In a drop ship business most customers require data in the UPS Reference for tracking, billing, vendor codes etc. There is a way to create up to 3 custom fields for labels that are placed where the UPS Reference fields are located, but not sure if this will satisfy our customer's report needs. Some customer's go a step further and require information in Reference fields 4 and 5 and there is no solution for this. This one issue will limit our use of ShipStation for one of our bigger customers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automatic re-processing of automation rules when combing order

We heavily rely on automation rules for selecting the appropriate shipping settings for orders. However we have a good amount of orders that we have to combined for customers who place multiple orders to save on shipping costs and select the appropriate shipping method (air, ground, etc.) prior to processing the shipments.

currently after combining all orders for the day, we need to manually go back to the settings and manually re-process the automation rules each time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multiple items

We need to be able to see each item on a multiple item order. It's no good showing the words 'multiple items.' Sometimes I can only ship a product if I have that product in stock, some 'multiple items' order may contain an item which is not in stock or is a pre order. Inventory management is not the solution. Individual line items for multiple items is.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base