Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add new action on automation rule that allows us to adjust item quantity

Here's an example of a situation where this feature is needed:

-We are selling this particular SKU: ITEM-4PACK on Store A, and using FBA to fulfill orders
    -At this time we find that we have run out of stock for ITEM-4PACK in FBA, but we still have stock for ITEM-1PACK (same product, but in single quantities instead of a pack of 4)
    -What I would wish to do here is first set the Fulfillment SKU of the ITEM-4PACK to ITEM-1PACK within Shipstation
    -Next I would want to create a new automation rule that for every order of ITEM-4PACK from Store…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Split Orders Status Change

Hey, We would like a way for ShipStation to auto change the status of a split order. Right now it will change the status of the orders that are shipped but if the order is split it stays as processing. It dose send a note to WooCommerces with the products that were shipped and the tracking number but it keeps the order status as processing. If it could change the order status to Split Order that would be great. That way when we are going threw the orders on WooCommerces we don't have to open them to find out why…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Order Item Id

Can you import the order item ID from amazon.com? Please see attached for example.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. set default location for csv file import

I import my files form my order management software each day. I would like to have the ability to set the default location of the file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Order Status change

A way to manually change the status of an order from the sale to return Currently, if you do not create a return label you cannot change the order status. We have many returns that we do not create return label for. These orders are still in the system classified as a sale when they are not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Order Delivery/Event Date Export and Column Sorting

We operate a flower delivery company using BigCommerce as our backend platform. One of the main needs of our business is the ability to specify/deliver on specific dates (birthdays, holidays, etc.). As such, the ability to sort by Delivery/Event Date in the Order Grid would be a major benefit for us, or really any other business that has time-sensitive, gift-focused, or perishable goods.

Generally, the order date vs. desired delivery date are not the same, so including that information as a sortable column would drastically improve shipping accuracy and efficiency. We are currently doing in manually.

BigCommerce has this as…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Lock Order Notes, and time-stamp each note

Each 'order note' should be locked once commented, and it should user and time stamped. This would prevent rogue users from clearing or editing the notes to conceal their mistakes, and improving accountability and transparency amongst users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fedex Verification

We've been having a lot of trouble with the fact that the only address verification is through Stamps.com. Because Fedex uses its own database and charges us if our address doesn't match theirs, we've had to turn off this functionality. It would be super helpful if we could use Fedex verification. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Etsy "Marked as gift" selection import

There are a couple suggestions already to get Etsy messages imported. That is absolutely important, but even more important is:

the import of "Marked as gift" selections on Etsy.

ShipStation even already has a checkbox and space for this information on orders. We really need those 2 features to talk to one another because without it, we have to go in and manually check each and every Etsy order, which is half the point of ShipStation in the first place. We move decent volume on Etsy and this is a very important feature for us, especially now that it is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the ability to create purchase orders.

Add the ability to create Purchase Orders (PO). We do a lot of dropshipping and have to use 2 other products to create purchase orders (Magento Sync to Quickbooks Online (QBO) with Cloudcart Connector and then SOS Inventory to create the dropship POs). Once POs are sent to the vendors then they check their ShipStation accounts to make shipments. I would prefer to just use ShipStation as it already syncs to Magento and I realize SS can sync orders to QBO. However I don't see away to have the products on those orders expensed to the vendors in QBO as…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. FTP connection to order management system

Currently, my order management system does not integrate with ShipStation. I would like the option to have an open FTP site

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @John, thank you for taking the time to bring it up! While we wait for more users to chime in, there are a few ways you can integrate other systems into ShipStation such as API, XML/custom store, and the ODBC connector (Enterprise plan only).

To determine whether you should use the API or create a custom store, read here: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205928478

You can read more about our ODBC connector here: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/226123307

12. Customer Search Efficiency

In addressing customer support emails, I frequently use the "Customers" tab to search for order histories. This always gets the job done, but with one minor grievance. When opening that page, all the customers I have ever had are immediately loaded, and I have to wait for that to load before conducting my search. (If I try to search before all customers are loaded, the page essentially refreshes and removes the search term I enter)

This wasn't an issue when I had only a few hundred customer records. Now that I have thousands, this initial load can take quite a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @soysaucesam! Thanks for bringing this up! I understand searching for customers is becoming a growing pain as you gain more. What do you think about limiting the number of rows that show up on your Customers page? You can change the number of rows at the bottom of the page to view only 100 rows at a time to reduce load times.

13. Sub-Total & Total not properly populated on a manual CSV import

When doing manual CSV import, we've been told by TechSupport that the Order Total is actually a sum of the cost of all the products in the order.
    Its not reflective of the Order Total value that might appear in the CSV file when NO products are being imported.
    It would be nice to have that also available in ShipStation.
    If Sub-Total/Total is available (ie not zero) it should be taken as such.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to be able to create a return to generate an RMA# without a label. We have customers that return product on their own.

I would like to be able to create a return to generate an RMA# without a creating a shipment/label. We have customers that return product on their own, and without a return/RMA# attached to their order it makes it very difficult for my finance dept. to reconcile. If a customer returns a product on their own, we then have to note we can note it is the system on their original order yet without having an RMA # assign there is no way for anyone looking in SS to identify that it is a return thus having to create a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Expanding Customer Records to Include Historical Notes

Having notes in regards to credit, purchasing behavior, etc that would automatically show up when an order is created for that customer. Just like how an address is auto-filled, so would these notes. These notes would *stick* to the specific client.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. orders on calendar view

It would be very helpful to have all open orders shown on a calendar view by week and month. Especially by week to see what is due to ship out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make the words show up and not the color when using tags or have choice to choose which ones appear

make the words show up and not the color when using tags or have choice to choose which ones appear

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fraud Risk Alerts

I would like to help try to flag orders that may be fraudulent. Like the fraud risk alerts on shopify, if it could alert us when the billing and shipping address are different so we can determine our risk and decide if we would want to ship.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automate orders that have Out of Stock items to "Hold"

You should be able to do at least 1 of 2 things - if not both:
    1. Split ship multiple/any orders that have "0" qty in stock.
    2. Bulk move any orders that have an item that is not in stock to "Hold"

For any company that does pre-orders, it is an incredible headache to put multiple orders that have "0" inventory on hold. We have daily orders for things we have in stock and some orders are partially in stock and out of stock.

Problems:
    1. In the order queue, there is no column to show if items are…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Way to Assign Orders to a Specific User via Upload

I would like to be able to assign orders to specific users via some sort of spreadsheet upload. We have to manually assign thousands of orders a day during the holidays. The ability to do this in bulk (all at once) would literally save me hours a day.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base