Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please let me Export Order Line Items from within an Active Batch

We use Batches to organize orders before processing. Many times we need to contact customers before processing. All the customers we want to contact have been organized in a Batch. The most efficient way we contact multiple customers is via a mail merge, which requires a .csv (or Excel) file containing the customer and order details. Without being able to Export Order Line Items from within an Active Batch, I am left with no option but to contact each customer one at a time--a very lengthy and tedious process that ideally my company can avoid.

Who else would LOVE this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Run Automation on Single Order

Would be great if we could just run automation on just single orders, or select which orders to run it on. Since there is a lag with shipstation kicking in and running automation, this would be a very helpful work around.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Failure Notifications on Marketplace

Receiving email notifications that marketplace notifications have failed would be a great enhancement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. logging of order manipulations

every time you split, or combine an order, I would lOVE to have that logged. (i.e. ... wed sept 12 4pm EST you split order 2178345 Fred Jones (customer name) into 2 orders(with new order numbers).... AND wed sept 12 4pm EST you combined order 2348355 Fred Jones with order 2358349 Fred Jones to make new order number xxxxxxxx. This would help tremendously catching any errors, such as when you mistakenly combine 2 orders from different customers by mistake, etc..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Permanent Customer Tags!!

Permanent Customer Tags!!

It would be very beneficial to have the ability to tag an order within the "orders" tab for a customer and have the option to save that tag to the customer’s record going forward.

For example:
    John Doe ordered from you in the beginning of the year. John then placed another order 3 months later. So you tag John in the orders tab as something like…. Returning Customer, Free Gift, or what every you want. Well low and behold the only way the tag will stick to every upcoming order is that you would have to search…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. criteria to measure girth, so we can avoid overcharges from FedEx

Would like to avoid paying oversize surcharges from FedEx - I feel your software could accommodate this if you added more criteria in the automation rules. I see there are 47 different criteria ranging from # of Items to Warehouse Location. Why not add 1 more?

I think you should allow us to pick Girth.

A FedEx Account Executive emailed this me today. "If any one side is greater than 48", it will be assessed an additional handling surcharge of $11. An oversize surcharge of $72.50 would be applied if length plus girth exceeds 130"."

$72.50 for an oversized package!?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. order summary picture

Can we have the option to increase the size of the picture on the order summary.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. MAKE RETURNS SEPARATE ORDERS!!!!

need to be able to view returns, be able to "receive them" etc. right now they are just kind of limbo associated with the order but exissting nowhere else

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please allow multiple USPS Accounts

We have several brands of products that we manage and sell thru SS. Each of them have their own Shopify account or we sell them on ebay. We use the shipping presets and absolutely love them!! However what is missing is the ability to have your preset ALSO be setup to use a specific USPS account. BEcause we have to always prepay the USPS in one single account it is difficult behind the scenes in our accounting department to keep track of how that money was used and allocated for each brand of products. For example we have commissions with…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Filter Criteria using OR logic

Currently when entering multiple filter criteria they ALL must be true for the filter to match (ie, AND clause). This has clear limitations to the flexibility to filtering when you need to use an OR condition instead.

For example, to create an accurate filter for orders to Guam, you must create 2 separate filters, one with Country=Guam and another with State=Guam. If we were able to chose the logic operator (OR/AND) when setting up these filter criteria, both criteria could be used in a . single filter with the OR operator, instead of having to create multiple filters.

This idea…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. item options

While I was writing an automation rule, I realised that I cannot choose "Item Options" as a criteria. If "Item Options" added as a criteria, most people can solve their problems on their own and lower your support expenses I guess.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Import Third Party Account Information

Add CSV import Mapping fields for Third Party Account Numbers. Many of our Dropship customers want to use their own FedEx account numbers. Currently, we have the manually enter their Account Numbers for each order post-import. This is time consuming and can cause mistakes during busy holiday seasons

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Cara, thanks for bringing this up! While we wait for other users to chime in, I think there may be somethings we can do today to help you apply the FedEx account numbers faster.

Have you looked into an automation rule to charge to a third party? This will allow you to automatically apply account numbers to orders if you already know how to filter down your orders.

Alternatively, from the orders grid, you may want to look into using bulk actions to “charge shipping to 3rd party…”

13. Action to Remove Tag in Autorules

There is an action in the auto rules to add a tag but not to remove a tag.

We have two shipping lines that ship either the small or large items and every morning someone has to go through and remove the small tags from orders that contain items of each size and were tagged as both.

Our small/large tag is applied by through the product not a rule but we need a rule to remove the extra tag. It would be very simple and say if order has both large & small tags then remove small tag.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. combine

When combining orders, it would be nice to see the customer info in the pop up window of the combining orders.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Shopify - Fraud Risk Alerts on Shipstation Orders Page

Can we get a notification on the Shipstation orders page for orders that shopify flags as Medium or High risk of fraud. This would save us having to go back and forth from shopify to shipstation checking for this alert for every single order.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Order Links

My team throws around a LOT of plaintext Order IDs in Slack as we go about our day.

If we need to look up an order, we then have to go to Shipstation, enter the order in search, wait, and then do our thang.

To minimize time and friction, I wanted to write a snippet to automatically convert the plaintext order ID to a link that would open the corresponding Order ID in Shipstation. It would shave off 15-45 seconds from every order lookup... time which adds up!

It seems like a simple fix to be able to link to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

17. Copy Automation Rules

Please add the ability to copy automation rules just like packing slips can be copied.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatic Order Created When a Returned Item Arrives

The branded returns portal is great in terms of generating a return. However one feature that I think would be useful is if the item needs to be returned due to a warranty or delivery issue. Let's say the item needs replacement - can the customer select Warranty or Replacement, and then an automatic re-order could generate within ShipStation based on the selection. It would hold the inventory for the replacement, and once we approve the warranty/replacement it could be shipped.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve Scan to View Barcode System

We print the Order ID on every label so that we can use it in our WMS and ERP solution that we built based off of your order API. And our custom system does everything. Pretty much 90% of your idea portal is solved in-house.
    The only thing we can't control is your interface, and API bugs.
    We can't make use of the scan to view barcode because of how cumbersome the setup is. Here are my suggestions.

Remove the Hex
    We have a perfectly good Order ID on our labels already, which we use in our system. Your Scan…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give option to highlight "requested service mappings" for expedited orders

I would like to see the option to set certain requested service levels to be highlighted on the orders page. The main benefit to this would be so that we could easily see our expedited orders as highlighted in a certain color so that they are not overlooked very easily.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base