Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a confirmation on Dismiss all on alerts.

When you push dismiss all it doesn't ask if you are sure. Doing so would prevent unwanted cleaning of the alerts. I use it to find orders to combine and sometimes I hit dismiss all on accident and it really throws a wrench in the process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. User Restriction Requiring Approval To Void a Shipment or Sending a Duplicate Order

It would be very helpful to add these user restrictions or require approval to do so.

Restrict a user from voiding shipments

Restrict a user from sending a duplicate order

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Import Shipping Carrier Info from Weebly into Shipstation

Currently from Weebly Store orders, we cannot import the Shipping Carrier Info into the Shipstation API for processing.

3rd party fulfillment centers which work with the Shipstation only relies on the information they see on Shipstation. They have no way to understand what shipping carrier has been selected by customer on webstore.

Can this feature be added in to source Shipping Carrier in the order info ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add "Item Description" field to automation criteria

Would be nice to set up an automation rule based on a text string found in the item's description field.

Currently that filed is not in the available criteria dropdown.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remember multi product packaging

SS should remind you how you previously packaged a multi-product order. Whether it's a multiple of the same product or combination of products. What box or set of boxes did we use to complete this exact order of products before? Presets are nice to use for popular combinations but on an every day basis it's not intended for those rare orders. I'll bet many users would love to be reminded how they previously packaged the same multi-item order. WHAT A GREAT IDEA!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. search by RMA

It would be great to be able to search by RMA. The numbers are there, so it seems odd that there's no way to use them as a search criteria.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Audible tone/message/siren for incoming orders (Next Day Air, Expedited)

Audible tone/message/siren for incoming orders (Next Day Air, Expedited)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. fulfillment by amazon for international orders

Multi-channel fulfillment by amazon is great, but you have to use exactly the same SKU that you are using for your FBA inventory if you want your international shopify order to forward to amazon.co.uk or amazon.ca (or wherever) for fulfillment. This is not realistic as I have an original SKU used in my shopify and seller fulfilled amazon.com account, a separate SKU for US FBA, and separate SKUs for FBA in other countries (which is exactly what amazon tells you to do). As a result, there is no way for an order placed on my shopify and heading to the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. More sophisticated batch field mapping

It seems every field except those needed to actually print a shipping label is able to be field mapped upon csv import. It is very convoluted that you cannot field map carrier and ship service type until you have imported a csv, and manually selected orders to map carrier and shipping service type in the side panel. In UPS Worldship and Stamps.com, it is actually a requirement to list your carrier and service in the csv before import, and match your carrier and service terms during import field mapping (in separate fields, mind you- not all jammed together like ShipStation).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow ShipStation to update altered orders from Shopify... not just orders that have been canceled.

I use Shopify to gather my website orders. From there they are imported into various stores set up in ShipStation.

Why can't ShipStation update an order that has been altered in Shopify? For example, lets say an order is imported into ShipStation from Shopify. I realize that the order is missing an item which I then have to refund back to the customer. I do the refund in Shopify, but when I re-import orders from Shopify back into ShipStation, the order still shows the full list of items in the "Order Items" list... the refunded item(s) are still present. It…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Customer Frequency

It would be very helpful if on the Awaiting Shipment page, a column option could be added to the "Columns" drop down menu for "Frequency" or "Orders" so one could see at a glance if a customer is new or returning. The information is currently being collected and can be seen if one runs a report from: Insights tab > Reports > Raw Data Export > Customers. It would just be very convenient to see it on the shipments screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. create new order from existing order

We need the ability to create a new order within SS, by using the data from an existing order.

And from there, the ability to edit, add, remove data and/or order line items (skus)

This is useful for many situations:
    1) correct a shipping/packing error
    2) quickly ship a replacement product if a customer wants a different but similar product
    3) Add some samples to an order, or related accessories as needed

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Shopify order tags

We would like to have the ability to bring in order tags from shopify. We tag orders with various things and need to have those tags available to us.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. back order management

Is there a way to set automated rule to release the backorder from hold to awaiting payment base on the stock availability?

When we take orders, it may contain products that's ready to ship and products that's on backordered. We would split the order into two, fulfill and ship the available stock, backorder the rest by putting the second part of the order to hold. It will be very helpful for us to be able to set an automated rule to release the order from hold to awaiting payment when we receive the backordered products?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Importing "Customization" info

Would love to be able to import "customization" info from Amazon when using Amazon Custom for personalized items

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "on hold" processing time - more variations than 1 day only.

At this time, 1 day is the shortest amount of time to hold an order in ShipStation's system. I definitely see how being able to do it in hours would help workflow. In my specific case holding orders for 2 hours would allow for my other warehouse to add order notes before being imported into shipstation and filtered.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sort by "last name"

I have multiple stores being imported into Shipstation and some customers order from them all. I need to sort by Last Name so I can easily see what orders need combined shipping. Sorting by first name isn't as reliable since people have nicknames.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. COLOR BLIND MODE!!!

COLOR BLIND MODE!!!

There is only ONE indication in ShipStation that an order notified the marketplace of fulfilment and it's a whether a shopping cart icon is RED or GREEN. Really? Ever heard of red green colorblind?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Justin, thanks for sharing this feedback. We’re reviewing notification email statuses and are working on improving this to not solely rely on colors. We’ll update you when we have more information.

A quick update: You can filter the Shipments page by notifications with and without warnings. You’ll find this where the blue filter links live (right above the shipment list / columns and headers). This is to the right of the “ship date” filter.

19. Just a suggestion really, but after I create a label using the rate calculator it would be EXTREMELY helpful if it allowed you to copy and p

After I create a label using the rate calculator it would be EXTREMELY helpful if it allowed you to copy and past the tracking number from the same screen. I almost always have to reload into shipments and search for the tracking number of the label I just created, and sometimes I'm making several in a row and keep going back and forth.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I really need a reliable way to find where the shipment is once it leaves or even just a flag for delivered=true/false

It would be very helpful to stay on top of my orders if I had a reliable way to find where the shipment is once it leaves my warehouse or even just a flag for delivered=true/false in the API so I know somethings wrong if its delivered=false after so many days.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base