Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create sales tax report

Would love to see a report for sales tax paid by shipped to state.

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    19 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need Profit Reports

This program is really good for my Amazon, but its misisng the ability to add Profit Reports, you should create a field where users can input the Cost, the Packaging, and then the shipping automatically gets calculated after a label is printed of course.

Should also need to pull the amount the sellers receives after fees from each order.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  ByronByron responded

We’re currently researching and gathering input on all the requirements for true profit reporting.

3. We would like to run a report to tell us to which states we ship to the most

We may run reports to let us know to which US states we ship to the most. Reports could be on monthly basis or custom dates.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting, everyone! We’d like to hear more about this idea before making a decision. On our last update, we proposed the Insights heat map located under Insights > Customer Overview. Can you tell us if the heat map has (or has not!) met your needs, and how you’d use the proposed report?

Please feel free to add any other information and be sure to comment here in the forum for all to see.

4. Product Kits Inventory

We need the ability to track product bundle kids. So if someone orders a WIDGET BUNDLE, which is a quantity 1 of WIDGET A & qty 1 of WIDGET B, it subtracts the inventory accordingly.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shipments API filter by store

Using the API it would be nice to be able to filter the Shipments by storeId. There is a report on the front end that does this I understand. But it would be nice to be able to filter in the API.

http://docs.shipstation.apiary.io/#reference/shipments/list-shipments/list-shipments-with-parameters

Some times we have clients that want to see the shipment report everyday. It would allow me to create a job to run and email that instead of someone manually doing it everyday.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. inventory

Now that we can add inventory we need a new report to show
    Products sold - Sale Total - Cost - Profit Totals

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @bosco, thank you for adding this feedback about our new Inventory Management solution! We’ll keep this one close at hand when making the next round of updates.

Additionally, if you agree here please add your votes and comments to help give this idea some momentum!

7. On time delivery report by shipment type

We recently had a few USPS hiccups where they delivered Express Mail shipments late. We would a report that tracks on time delivery by shipment type, so we can go back to the postal service (or UPS/FedEx) and request refunds where they missed their delivery commitment.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, @Craig! Thank you for taking the time to bring this one up! We’ll keep it in mind when updating our reports, but for now we’d like to see what interest there is from other users before moving forward.

If you’re interested in this idea, please let us hear you! Comments count, too!

8. Customize Export Reports

We require certain information exported into excel from shipstation for our fulfillment company's manifest. All the information is available on shipstation, but there is currently no way to select specific fields and export ONLY those fields.

It's a huge time suck to format a full excel export to the right cells and view as we require, and I have tried adding the required fields into a custom view and exporting that, but not everything is available as an option (which is odd, because this is all info that you have the data for, so I don't understand why I can't…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Victoria, thanks for bringing this up! We’d like to see other people’s thoughts and challenges with this before moving forward.

In the meantime, I’d like to see if I can help with figuring out getting the data you need out of ShipStation. I’m not 100% sure what specific fields you’re looking for, but one of our more comprehensive reports is on the reporting tab on the insights page.

Once there, scroll to the very bottom and take a look at the raw data exports. These will provide more information than the ones on the orders and shipments pages.

You may be looking for data that spans orders and shipments which is why you’re needing to string together multiple exports, but hopefully these will reduce the amount of stringing together you have to do.

9. Ability to sort insight graphs by store

I'd like the ability to filter Shipstation's main insight graphs by store. Each of our stores represent a separate customer, and these are beautiful reports to be able to send them.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @CHughey, thank you for posting your idea here! Glad to hear you like the Insights page! If we make updates to the Insights page, we’ll keep your idea in mind! For now, we’d like to see what other users think about sorting their Insights graph on a per store basis.

10. Product Category performance report

Same product being sold in many different marketplaces (ebay,amazon,website, etc) and all have same product category set under products section.

Running product sales reports you see sales broken out from all different marketplaces.

Would be very helpful to be able to see how many of a specific product sold overall (across all marketplaces)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add "store" as a filter for item demand summary

it would be great to be able to filter the item demand report with what storefront the orders originated from as well as the filters that are already available

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Heather! Thank you for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep this in mind if we make related updates to reports. Right now, it’s we’d like to see what other users have to say on this one before moving forward.

What kind of information are you looking for or what questions are you looking to answer with this report? The Product Sales report allows you to see your sales by store but it won’t tell you how many orders were place for each product.

12. Customize Reports

I would like to be able to select the information I need on a report. Currently the information I need is spread across multiple reports, and they each contain a lot of information I don't need. I will have to download multiple reports, filter them down, and then combine them. If I could simply choose the criteria I would like to include on a report, it would save a lot of time!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. International "Customer Overview" and data drill down by State / Country.

Expand the existing "Customer Overview" page to include international orders. Create a more interactive map, allowing you to drill down on states / countries to get specific data.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @dotmodshipping! Thank you for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep this one in mind when planning future roadmaps. For now, we’d like to see your idea gain support from other users before making a decision here.

You may have noticed you’re able to run a report called “Country Comparison Report” on our Insights page under the “Reports” section. This will only give you the countries, however, can you tell us more about the goal you’re trying to achieve by drilling down into a map?

14. Ability to export data containing shipment dimensions for each individual package within a shipment containing multiple packages

Ability to export data containing shipment dimensions for each individual package within a shipment containing multiple packages

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Orders by Buyer's Province

Right now on the customer overview you can see orders by state, which is a neat infographic but it's only for the US. It would be a lot more useful if there was one for Canada!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Customize Sales Dashboard and add feature to auto refresh.

Customize Sales Dashboard and add feature to auto refresh. Actually I want to use shipstation dashboard to show my team some sales data in real time. So that would be better if shipstation can add a feature to auto refresh data every minute instead of manually clicking refresh button.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A report that shows the average days in transit for first class mail, priority mail, ect.

Would be great if Shipstation could bring in the delivery dates for tracking numbers and create a report showing the average transit days for various USPS products like first class mail, priority mail, ect. This could be done for other carriers also.

Thanks

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @bestthreads! Thanks for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll take note of your idea for future reporting updates while we wait for other users to add their support for your idea.

Feel free to tack on any additional information in the comments section!

18. Add the date to the Shipment Manifest

We would like to see the date added on the Shipment Manifest. It used to be in the title of the shipment manifest on the old ShipStation, but it is not on the new ShipStation's Shipment Manifest at all. Please add it back to that document.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Items Shipped Report by user or warehouse and not just by marketplace.

We love the layout and look of the Items shipped report. It basically looks like an invoice which is perfect for us as many of our orders are drop shipped. Our factory partner needs to invoice us for these orders and the layout of the orders shipped report is EXACTLY what we need. However, this report is only done by marketplace, not by user or warehouse. It would be fantastic to add those parameters to make this report more custom. Same for all of the report actually. Sometimes you want to see the same report across different parameters and it…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind for future updates, and at the same time we’d like to see your idea gain traction with other users.

Can you tell us more about why you’d like for the reports to have user and warehouse parameters? Is this all for your factory partner you mentioned? Or are you using user and warehouse metrics for other goals?

Feel free to add any more information that may catch the attention of others by commenting here in the forum!

20. Inventory Report - by date and warehouse

Would love to be able to run a report that would show inventory levels by sku at each warehouse for a specific date. Would make year end inventory reporting and inventory reconciliation much easier!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base