Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically notify when late delivery

Would be great if there was a way that ShipStation could notify us whenever a package is late. This way we know when USPS or UPS aren't within their guaranteed time window (i.e. UPS One-Day or USPS Express, etc) so we can request a refund from that carrier.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. World Map in Insights

For non-US retailers. Only having a US/State based insight map is a tiny part of the story.

It's a big wide world out there. Can we please also have a world map for sales by country?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. daily report of shipper orders

it will really helpful, if we could create a automation rule, to receive daily email digest for shipped orders report with option to select all or by store wise

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. turn off weekly digest report for secondary users

for many companies out there, this data displayed via the weekly digest, is privileged information, that certain, nod-administrative level staff should not be privy to.

While non-executive level employees, don’t have access to the financials and have no idea what our overhead is, and don’t see the whole picture, they are nonetheless emboldened to make demands.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Better reporting/data exports on multi-package shipments

Right now it's impossible to export the dimensions and weights of each individual package in a shipment that contains more than one package.

This would be extremely useful information to have as it would help track usage rates of specific box sizes, which in turn would allow for better forecasting when deciding what the right number of boxes to reorder is.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. More specific Activity Log, sync errors ...

"An error occurred attempting to update orders: Input string was not in a correct format. "

Which input string?
    Which order number?

Super lazy error logging here guys. Is it that hard to display the input or at least the order number in question?

Now I have a 1000 to 1, needle and haystack, who-dun-it on my hands ... THANKS!

Wish me luck on my blind search!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Drew, thank you for bringing this up! We will look into this error message and how to make it more clear. In the meantime, please chat in with our folks here or open a request via our help center (help.shipstation.com) so we can dig in and help resolve the issue you’re seeing.

7. received

Presently we have no way of knowing a package made it to the post office or fedex. Once the label is created we see an airplane icon but that does not mean it is in transit. We have a problem of loosing a label before the package goes out and we have no way of knowing it never made it to the carrier. Can you write a function to query the carrier and set a flag that is displayed called "received by carrier" ? This is a much needed filter for our fullfilment process.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. insights

Insights/Overview: would be nice to see sales month after month. I tried to see that over the past year, not useful data. right now too much data smooshed into too little space, can't see anything useful. Also, add date ranges of "Last Year" & "All Time".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Report showing products in transit to my warheouse via return shipments

I'd love to see a report that shows me the products that are in shipment to my warehouse via return shipments. This will be super helpful in calculating the inventory I need to order from my suppliers by giving me a more accurate picture of my OHB and my soon to be OHB.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to delete returns from "Returns Outstanding" view

When I see my returns outstanding there are return labels that were generated but unused going back almost two years. After inquiring, it seems my only two options to remove old return labels from the "outstanding" view is to 1) void them or 2) mark them as received. #1 is not possible for the majority of these labels as they are beyond the voiding window. #2 is possible but will mess up my Return Report.

I'd like to see a way to remove old returns from the "outstanding returns" view without it impacting a report.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make shipments that aren't attached to an order searchable

If I generate a shipment that is not connected to a particular order (say, by creating a label via the customer in the Customers tab, which I sometimes have to do to get around Amazon sillyness), I can see that order in the Shipments section if I manually scroll through it. HOWEVER, I cannot actually search for it - it won't come up in search results no matter what I use to try and search for it (tracking #, customer first or last name, etc).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! Currently, the quick search option on the Shipments page only retrieves data from Shipments made for orders. For these labels generated from the Rate Calculator, etc. you would need to use an advanced search field such as the Tracking # field directly to search for the shipment information.

12. Inventory & reporting - couple product suggestions.

We are a small company, and we use your system for a lightweight inventory tracking system (in addition to the shipping functions), and it falls short in a couple areas (that I think would be easy to adjust).

1. The inventory audit report needs to include columns for location/warehouse. It lists out all the transactions, but when we transfer inventory from one warehouse to another, it's impossible to follow because those columns aren't included in the report.

2. In the inventory history, a transaction ID of some sort needs to be included so we can tie an inventory event to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Deliver order / account metrics via API

I'm trying to import our order metrics from the Insights tab into a data visualizing tool called Domo. Per the API Support team, this isn't currently possible as the Open API currently does not deliver order or account metrics, but would be a great feature moving forward.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add "Zone" Column to Export Shipped Items

Exporting information from Shipments Tab. There is no "Zone" column for Shipped Line Items.

Right now when I export by "Line Items" It gives me all of the information I need except for the "Zone" It was shipped to. I was wondering if this could be implemented.

Right now, the only work around I have for this is to Export by Shipped Orders and then manually reorganize the zone information there back into the "Line Items" export sheet.

If "Zone" information is made available on the Shipped Line Item export, it would save me time from double exports and manually…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! Since this is currently available in the Shipped Orders export but not the Shipments export, just for us to get a better picture of your workflow, why do you want to include the zones on your shipments export?

15. Customer Updates and Reporting

We are new to ShipStation.

The current process of updating a single customers information is unnecessarily time-consuming and overly complex. When a single change is needed in a customers record for their address, it does not make sense to be required to download a CSV and then upload a CSV to overwrite the data for that customer.

Please make it user-friendly not just programming friendly.

Thank you.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea and for choosing ShipStation! We take all of our users’ feedback into consideration.

We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Brian, after further review, if you’re looking to project how much product you need based on trends, have you looked into the Product Highlights dashboard on the Insights page?

If you’d like more data, the Reports tab on the Insights page will also show you similar information in a table form. One report that may interest you is the “Item Demand Summary”. You can filter by order date to focus on a specific time period.

Lastly, if you’d like to know more information about the products you’ve shipped you may want to look into creating a custom formatted export from the Shipments page. Here’s more information on that: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001589587

Please let us know here back in the product feedback forum if you have other questions.

17. Please add "Shipments by Store" to the Insights Overview

Please add "Shipments by Store" to the Insights Overview. This would be a very useful for allocating per shipment fulfillment charges between stores for example.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea.
    For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

18. Freshdesk Integration

It would be nice to see integration with Freshdesk. Having customer info from shiptstation available for my techs working on customer issues would be great.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. SALES REPORT MATH DOES NOT ADD UP!

If you pull up a report for sales you get a number at the top and then on the bottom right there are sales by store. Any rational person would think that the total of the sales by store adds up to the total on top. But NO. Sales by store is GROSS (including ship cost and tax) and sales total on top is just net of ship costs paid and tax paid. It makes ZERO sense and is totally unusable. Told by support to post here for other businesses to vote on this and for the development team to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sales Report

Wait a minute. Shipstation has no way of adding cost to each SKU? So I am not able to pull a report like the one attached that shows how many units sold of each SKU for the month of November 2017, revenue per SKU, item price, shipping price, tax, shipping cost, fees, discounts, and net before monthly expenses? Not sure why this is not available, but if you are worried if customers will need/want something like this I think I can speak for every business out there that this 100% a must/need for every business with multiple SKUs/selling channels.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base