Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Batch order summary should be in the same order that the labels were created in the batch.

Currently, the batch will print out in the order in which we added the items to the batch. This is good, as we need to do them in a certain order for optimum efficiency. However, the order summary report that prints out with that batch comes up in a different order. There doesn't seem to be a way to make it so that the order summary report prints out in the same order as the batch labels and packing slips did.

This would be a huge improvement, particularly when it comes to training new employees. The supervisor could hand the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A report to show combined orders.

Id like to see a report that shows what orders have been combined in the past.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Auto-Update Orders Before Weekly Report Sent

Prior to Shipstation sending the Weekly Report I would like the orders auto-updated because otherwise an inaccurate report is received which to me makes the report pointless. I find my weekly report to be wrong almost every week (sometimes by a significant margin) because the orders have not been updated prior to sending the weekly report.

So to make your weekly report as accurate as possible I would appreciate Shipstation doing an auto-update prior to sending.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Demand vs. Stock on Hand

For anyone doing Just in Time fulfillment, preorders, or presales... It is Very important to be able to see How many skus sold, vs. how many in stock. The balance would let you know how much is OVERSOLD or PRE ORDERED. Our company can produce products on demand, thus giving us a production list so we can get the orders out.

Currently , it is a massive headache to see negatives.
    This would also be beneficial to companies that have accidently oversold or have reconciled inventory and are missing the stock they need to satisfy the orders.

Example
    SKU -…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Report Scrolling

The scroll bar at the bottom is allusive! We thought the report was very limited. Looked to the bottom, no scroll bar. UNTIL we went all the way to the bottom of the report and there it was, the scroll bar showing us this report is a heavy hitter and has everything anyone could ever want.

Suggestion: Make sure that tricky little scroll bar appears at the bottom ALWAYS.

PS this was Reports » Raw Data Exports >> Shipped Orders

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow running larger reports

Currently, some larger reports can timeout and never respond with the download requested. The server responds with a 504. Some type of provision for larger reports would be nice, even just increasing the max execution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add customer email to shipments and orders list

I would like to be able to see the customer email address on the columns available for the orders and shipments pages so we can immediately see who would have received the tracking information.

Thank you, Ben

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

8. order total

It would be very valuable to be able to have the total value of Orders Awaiting Shipment at the bottom of the Orders page. Knowing the value of all pending shipments or even all shipped orders over a given time period would be awesome and seems kind of common sense for pulling useful data.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create Report for Duplicate Shipments

Have the option to show orders that were shipped twice or more than once. Show tracking numbers and shipment dates.
    We re-ship orders when they are damaged or lost in transit. This would help with checking to be sure claims have all been filed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Customize Sales Dashboard and add feature to auto refresh.

Customize Sales Dashboard and add feature to auto refresh. Actually I want to use shipstation dashboard to show my team some sales data in real time. So that would be better if shipstation can add a feature to auto refresh data every minute instead of manually clicking refresh button.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Accounts that are not the Account Admin to have certain restrictions

I run a fulfillment business with more than one customer. I would like to create accounts for my customers so they can see the back end (as they have requested) only for their respective store. My main issue is that I can only use automation to assign new sales to their account, however, I can't retroactively put old sales onto their account. I think that this would solve a lot of issues that shipstation customers may be having when they have more than one user account.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Product names in 'Product Highlights' and 'Sales Trend' pages should have links or pictures

When I click on Product Highlights and Sale Trend pages, I can see some top products listed. I have most of my products named same or similar, I can't tell which products are those top performers without links or pictures. I suggest to put links or pictures beside product names. So it will be easier to read and use the information. Now without anything it's just useless information for me.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. increase the 200 character limit in product titles

Can the 200 character limit on product titles be increased? We often sell items with titles that exceed this limit and it causes the order import to become "clogged" due to an error. We then have to process the order with the error outside of shipstation and wait for shipstation to receive the updated information. It drastically slows down productivity, especially when we have several of these errors in one day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Customize Export Reports

We require certain information exported into excel from shipstation for our fulfillment company's manifest. All the information is available on shipstation, but there is currently no way to select specific fields and export ONLY those fields.

It's a huge time suck to format a full excel export to the right cells and view as we require, and I have tried adding the required fields into a custom view and exporting that, but not everything is available as an option (which is odd, because this is all info that you have the data for, so I don't understand why I can't…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Victoria, thanks for bringing this up! We’d like to see other people’s thoughts and challenges with this before moving forward.

In the meantime, I’d like to see if I can help with figuring out getting the data you need out of ShipStation. I’m not 100% sure what specific fields you’re looking for, but one of our more comprehensive reports is on the reporting tab on the insights page.

Once there, scroll to the very bottom and take a look at the raw data exports. These will provide more information than the ones on the orders and shipments pages.

You may be looking for data that spans orders and shipments which is why you’re needing to string together multiple exports, but hopefully these will reduce the amount of stringing together you have to do.

15. Orders by Buyer's Province

Right now on the customer overview you can see orders by state, which is a neat infographic but it's only for the US. It would be a lot more useful if there was one for Canada!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Customize Reports

I would like to be able to select the information I need on a report. Currently the information I need is spread across multiple reports, and they each contain a lot of information I don't need. I will have to download multiple reports, filter them down, and then combine them. If I could simply choose the criteria I would like to include on a report, it would save a lot of time!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. End of Month Inventory Reports

There should be a way to get end of the month inventory reports for accounting purposes. This should be available by month for the whole year. Totals of products would only be necessary.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fulfilment speed

Good day,

Would it be possible to get some kind of reports for our fulfilment speed?
    I think that would be a nice feature to have as I am sure we all want to ship as fast as possible and having some kind of reports would help to see how fast we are and if any adjustments need to be done.
    Thanks,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add an option to not include weekends in order aging time

We only ship out packages from our warehouse Mon - Fri. At the moment, an order placed late Friday evening and shipped out early Monday morning appears on the aging report as if it was fulfilled slower than an order placed Monday and shipped Wednesday.

Our industry is very competitive with turnaround times so this is a metric we like to keep a very close eye on. The Fulfillment Speed graph is a wonderful tool for this and very simple. However, if it is adding essentially 48 hours to every order that is still in the queue Friday at 5pm…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Print 4x6 label with recipients Name and Address ONLY (For lettermail shipments)

We have currently have roughly 50 lettermail shipments a day and growing. We use a postage meter for to stamp the envelopes but no easy method for creating labels. We must export all lettermail orders from shipstation and create labels manually. Why must this process be so difficult and tedious? Can we not simply print 4x6 label with recipients name and address only. Please address this. Thank you

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base