Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Delivery Notifications to be Not sent for certain addresses in Automation Rules

It would be pleasant to have the ability to select certain addresses that when packages are delivered, the system automatically does not send a delivery confirmation. For instance, eBay international orders all go to a certain address in the states before being shipped internationally. The customer still receives a delivery email even tho the package is not delivered. It would be great to be able to have those customers not receive email notifications on delivery.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Adding Postage to Email Notification

To be able to add the Postage amount onto the Email Notification. This would be helpful when needing to bill the customer separately for the Postage after the order gets processed into the system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Repeat Customers

Ok so you guys SHOW "Returning Customers" in the Insights UI but there is NO WAY to actually identify / see who the returning customers are.

It would help to obviously be able to SEE your returning customers to re-market to them. Obvious stuff here.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Send different templates for different notifications.

Allow more template options based on different options.

There is the option to send an email at a specific time after an order is processed, and another email when it hits the mail stream.

However I would like to send different email templates for these emails.

See picture.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Order history when hovering over recipients name

V2 had a feature that when you hovered over a recipient's name is showed how much they spent in the past 12 months and had as well the previously shipped orders. As a user of Shipstation for many years, I found this feature useful a dozen times a day when I had to fix a customers address it made to where I could quickly click the previously shipped packages and reference the address used before. This was one of the most useful feature to me in shipstation. Please bring it to V3! What used to take me 30 seconds now…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Return email message more customizable

It would be of great interest for us to be able to “smartly” customize the content of our return email messages. It seems we can somewhat manage the message body in Settings-> Store Setup -> Returns. But then, that’s just an empty field. It would be nice to keep the number order just like what the automated email is generating, but then be able to customize the rest. We would definitely like to be able to change the subject (title) of the mail itself.
    Most of our customers don’t speak English (well they probably understand it, but it’s not really…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Drop-down menu for customized customer notification emails

Hi there,

We ship orders to our customers, but also allow local customers to select "In-Store Pickup" if they don't want to have their order shipped. Shipstation only allows one email notification template to be sent to all of our customers, which creates confusion when someone who has selected "In-Store Pickup" receives a notification saying that their order has been shipped.
    Is it possible to create a drop-down menu that allows businesses to select which notification email they'd like to send to their customers in this case?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Heather! Thank you for bringing this up. To send your customer a different email template, you can select a different email template from the order details window. For a visual, please refer to method #3 in this article: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205901188

For your pick up orders, I recommend making a new email template with the appropriate ready for pick up (or confirmation of pick up) message so you can manually change this on your pick up orders.

If you know beforehand which orders will need to be picked up, you can use automation rules to apply this new email template as well.

Please let us know here in the Product Feedback forum if you have more questions on this.

8. Customer Reporting Needs Improvement

You need better reporting, what you have now is seriously lacking. Being able to ship and send out our packages is only a small part of our needs. You really need to enable much better reporting capabilities, or exporting tables capabilities. the owners of our company are having IT look for another solution going forward just because we can't run any meaningful reports.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop Closing Account - Offer Account Hibernation instead

Stop closing an account for non-payment or paused payments. When this happens the subsequent stamps.com account is closed too. Instead, offer a "hibernation" feature which pauses the account until the account owner is ready to resume. Recently, lost $30 in postage credits due to this "policy".

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add ability to Override Verified Address for individual customers

Correct individual customer address keeps being overridden by the verified address. Street name is changing & we need to manuallly update for this customer only on a regular basis. Would be great to be able to select individual customers that the address verification shouldn't apply to. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can we add a feature where shipment notification can be sent to multiple contact rather than just 1 contact?

Can we add a feature where shipment notification can be sent to multiple contact rather than just 1 contact?
    I want to send notification to requesters and recipient. As of right now, only recipient can receive an email notification when a shipment is processed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. woocommerce customer notes

Customer facing notes are written back to woocommerce when a label is created.

They are misleading to customers. We have shipstation send an email "When the package hits the mailstream". I would rather have this note sent over from shipstation at the same time or be able to control this as a customer facing note/internal note. An order isn't really completed until it's shipped and printing a shipping label doesn't mean it's shipped.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automated emails, be able to do just the SKU or eliminate descriptions

Whenever we receive an item that has to be shipped from a different warehouse, we need to populate an email that we can auto send. It just needs the customer information, the SKU and QTY. However, there is no way to do just the SKU. you can do the entire order with description, and there is no way to eliminate the description. We need a simpler way to populate emails for certain items that don't ship out from here - just the SKU and QTY and I don't understand why we can't do it for an email because it can…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Delivery Time - Add as a column in custom e-mails

This would be a very useful feature as we can actually notify our clients when their orders are expected to be delivered to them. Can you please add this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Setting IF statements in Emails

Hi,

I would like to have the ability to have IF statements within an email template.
    For example;
    If tracking field is NOT blank then write 'your tracking number is [Tracking Number]'.
    If it is blank then say your package has shipped.

This has many possibilities.
    If status equals Hold do this. If package equals processed do that.

That would be a very cool feature.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @aronl thanks for bringing this up! While we wait for others to chime in, I’d like to see if there’s something we can do today to help. Have you considered making multiple templates?

For example, you can have one packing slip template with the message “Your order has shipped” and another packing slip template with the message “Your tracking number is…”. Then you can apply this template to multiple orders at once with bulk actions or apply it individually from the order details window.

17. UPS customer notifications

It would be very benneficial for the customer to be notified as the package with UPS changes status for example out for delivery. It would also be nice to have the capability to text message the tracking package status.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. picture

Sometimes seller/buyer communication consists of Pictures. It would be great if pictures can be attached to the Customers Files in Ship Station.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Total Cost rather than Unit Cost

I thought it might be helpful if along with the [SHOWCOST] field there was an option to show the total cost of the order rather than the unit cost?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ominsend

would love to see an omnisend integration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base