Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add the ability to send customers the actual declared value on our custom template for our Shipment Notifications

Would like to be able to send our international customers the actual declared value of the shipped item(s) on our custom template for our Shipment Notifications. International customers need to know the declared value before attempting to take delivery - so all the values match what is on record with customs. This could be done with a similar function to the already existing "SHOWCOST" function... something like "SHOWVALUE". thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Allow me to add customers into address book without having to create an order or input email

I am sending out a lot of samples and it's really frustrating that I can't import my customers and have them saved if they don't have an email address. I had to import them and already create orders for them, but I don't want to categorize them like that just yet because I'm not ready to ship. It creates a lot more work on the back end and I'm almost justifying sending out all of my samples (around 200) with another carrier for ease of use and creating a better customer database.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to download tracking information for SurePost and MI

Ability to download tracking information for SurePost and Mail Innovations?!?!

Would like to be able ot email the customer both tracking numbers and explain that one log is a transfer (hand off) from UPS to USPS.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Notifications - email and sms by customer choice

We have a Shopify Store. Would like the 2 shipping notifictions from Ship Station really come from Shopfiy after the tracking number has been migrated over. This would:
    1. allow our customers to choose how they'd like to be notified, email or sms. 2. manage all notifications in one place. 3. design all notifications to look alike.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. blind Copy on return labels

It would be great to include a BCC option on return label emails sent to customers. This way we can keep records of all communication sent from ShipStation.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @Shannon, thank you for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep your feedback in mind when updating the return label functionality, and for now, we’d like to see other users add their support to your idea before moving forward.

In the meantime, there are two things you may be interested if this information is important to you today.

1. Add your company email address when emailing the return label to a customer. Your customer will be able to see all of the emails this is sent to—perhaps making it easier to identify your business.
    You’ll want to separate the email addresses with a comma like this: “john.customer@email.com, mycompanyname@company.com

2. On the Returns section of the Shipments page, you can export your returns data. In the file, the header “ForwardTo” (column AZ) will list the email addresses you’ve sent return labels to.

6. Notify customer when I split an order that X Y Z items are remaining to be shipped.

I would like an email automation that would notify the customer that I split their order and X Y Z Products are remaining to be shipped.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. tags

I need to tag orders that come in from Magento with the color of enveloppe I used to ship them out. I would like that tag to follow the customer so that the next time Magento sends me an order from the same person, I can use a different color enveloppe (and tag that new color). Basically I would like a way to monitor which color I've shipped to each customer and keep it updated with every new order.
    Thank you!

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to post this idea @Mohamed! We have tags that you can add to a customer record that will apply to the next order that comes in, there isn’t quite a way to have it the other way around (apply a customer tag to an order and have the customer record retain that tag) or is a two-way street.

We’ll keep your feedback in mind when we update our Customers page, but for now we’d like to see other users chime in (like @Kevin! Thank you!) and add their support for your idea before moving forward.

Here’s something you can try today, if feasible for your operation: You may be able to use the Customer History info when you hover over the recipient name. So if you see they have ordered in the past (and have a customer record), you can perform a Quick Search…

8. return

Currently when we create a manual return for a customer, it defaults to our default shipping address. However we would like it to go to a different one as it should be attentioned to a different department.

It would be smart when we create a return that it automatically defaults to that shipping address.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. UPS customer notifications

It would be very benneficial for the customer to be notified as the package with UPS changes status for example out for delivery. It would also be nice to have the capability to text message the tracking package status.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New Customer entries should not need to be imported via a .CSV to be in Customer list

I am a MAC and iCloud user. I don't use CSV files. The customer section should be as simple as an address book in your smartphone. To add a customer should be liked adding a contact. Why in the world do I need to create a .CSV file to add an address for a company I ship to very often. Its an Amazon FBA warehouse. Amazon.com FBA sites do not stay in customer list after you ship to them like other customers do

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. klayvio

an integration with Klaviyo for Order Shipped, Order on its way, Order Delivered would be ideal

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow editing of return email subject

Allow editing the subject of "Return" emails. This would allow us to add [Important] to the subject for Amazon return emails. This gets around the "opt out" flag and ensures the email is sent to the Amazon customer.

Currently our agents download the label and manually send an email to ensure it is delivered to the customer.

From Amazon:
    However, even if a buyer has opted out of unsolicited messages, if you need to send them a message critical to completing his or her order, you can include the word [Important] in the subject of your message

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Shipstation Should Recognize OnTrac as Un-trackable carrier instead Trackable

Shipstation should not recognize this carrier as Trackable, because it is NOT. It generates conflicts with Email notifications.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. desk.com

Desk.com and Hubspot

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Christine

Thank you for bringing this up! To understand this better, can you tell us more about how you use Desk.com and Hubspot? Would you need to integrate both platforms with ShipStation?

15. Email notification when an On Hold Order is released for shipment

We send a lot of subscription orders on a monthly basis that are entered into the system as "On Hold" orders at the time the subscription is purchased. Orders get released from On Hold status and sometimes sit for a couple of days if no other orders are going out. We need an automated email sent to us alerting us an On Hold order has been released for shipment. It would make our workflow more efficient.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Don't Send Shipment Notification Based On Conditions

Make 'Don't Send Shipment Notification' an option in filter/automation rules.

Use case:

We use Shipstation to send our catalog. Customer does not need an email notifying them their catalog is on the way. But we do want customer's email associated with their catalog shipment as customer id, so don't want to change email to an internal address and would rather than not disable notification on a shipment by shipment basis if it can be automated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Branded Returns Portal - Change the Wording

The current wording on the Branded Returns Portal is this:
    Look up your order
    Enter your order number below along with your zip code to find your order."

We get multiple customers a day calling that they could not use this to generate a return label. We found that they are entering their billing zip code, not their shipping zip code. We should be able to edit this text. Customer support said this is currently not possible. Please review this and make this more customizable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. customize return label email

We would like to be able to customize the email that the return label gets attached to. Currently the body and headers of the email are not customizable.

In the FROM field the email reads:

We would like to customize the FROM email address and use an html template for the body of the email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Send Shipping Confirmation Emails to BUYER

We send gift boxes, usually to the gift recipient vs. the purchaser. Right now, shipstation will only send a shipping confirmation email to the recipient. Please add the option to send that email to the Buyer instead. Because we don't want to alert recipients and we do want to inform buyers, your current default email settings are not useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Controlling the Font on Email Templates

Please make the Items List font editable. Your documentation here https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206639917-How-do-I-edit-my-email-templates-source-code-HTML- says that we can control the font that the email templates use, but after going back and forth with support for over a week, we were told that we cannot fully control the font. I quote, "Add CSS either inline or between <style> tags at the top of the template." In fact, an error code will appear when using the CSS style tag. We have used inline styling, but it doesn't control the font for the Items List. So the look and feel is unprofessional and inconsistent. Partly our…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base