Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New Customer entries should not need to be imported via a .CSV to be in Customer list

I am a MAC and iCloud user. I don't use CSV files. The customer section should be as simple as an address book in your smartphone. To add a customer should be liked adding a contact. Why in the world do I need to create a .CSV file to add an address for a company I ship to very often. Its an Amazon FBA warehouse. Amazon.com FBA sites do not stay in customer list after you ship to them like other customers do

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Notifications - email and sms by customer choice

We have a Shopify Store. Would like the 2 shipping notifictions from Ship Station really come from Shopfiy after the tracking number has been migrated over. This would:
    1. allow our customers to choose how they'd like to be notified, email or sms. 2. manage all notifications in one place. 3. design all notifications to look alike.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow editing of return email subject

Allow editing the subject of "Return" emails. This would allow us to add [Important] to the subject for Amazon return emails. This gets around the "opt out" flag and ensures the email is sent to the Amazon customer.

Currently our agents download the label and manually send an email to ensure it is delivered to the customer.

From Amazon:
    However, even if a buyer has opted out of unsolicited messages, if you need to send them a message critical to completing his or her order, you can include the word [Important] in the subject of your message

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Shipstation Should Recognize OnTrac as Un-trackable carrier instead Trackable

Shipstation should not recognize this carrier as Trackable, because it is NOT. It generates conflicts with Email notifications.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. desk.com

Desk.com and Hubspot

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Christine

Thank you for bringing this up! To understand this better, can you tell us more about how you use Desk.com and Hubspot? Would you need to integrate both platforms with ShipStation?

6. aweber

Popular for campaign & email list management

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Email notification when an On Hold Order is released for shipment

We send a lot of subscription orders on a monthly basis that are entered into the system as "On Hold" orders at the time the subscription is purchased. Orders get released from On Hold status and sometimes sit for a couple of days if no other orders are going out. We need an automated email sent to us alerting us an On Hold order has been released for shipment. It would make our workflow more efficient.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Don't Send Shipment Notification Based On Conditions

Make 'Don't Send Shipment Notification' an option in filter/automation rules.

Use case:

We use Shipstation to send our catalog. Customer does not need an email notifying them their catalog is on the way. But we do want customer's email associated with their catalog shipment as customer id, so don't want to change email to an internal address and would rather than not disable notification on a shipment by shipment basis if it can be automated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Branded Returns Portal - Change the Wording

The current wording on the Branded Returns Portal is this:
    Look up your order
    Enter your order number below along with your zip code to find your order."

We get multiple customers a day calling that they could not use this to generate a return label. We found that they are entering their billing zip code, not their shipping zip code. We should be able to edit this text. Customer support said this is currently not possible. Please review this and make this more customizable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. customize return label email

We would like to be able to customize the email that the return label gets attached to. Currently the body and headers of the email are not customizable.

In the FROM field the email reads:

We would like to customize the FROM email address and use an html template for the body of the email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Send Shipping Confirmation Emails to BUYER

We send gift boxes, usually to the gift recipient vs. the purchaser. Right now, shipstation will only send a shipping confirmation email to the recipient. Please add the option to send that email to the Buyer instead. Because we don't want to alert recipients and we do want to inform buyers, your current default email settings are not useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Controlling the Font on Email Templates

Please make the Items List font editable. Your documentation here https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206639917-How-do-I-edit-my-email-templates-source-code-HTML- says that we can control the font that the email templates use, but after going back and forth with support for over a week, we were told that we cannot fully control the font. I quote, "Add CSS either inline or between <style> tags at the top of the template." In fact, an error code will appear when using the CSS style tag. We have used inline styling, but it doesn't control the font for the Items List. So the look and feel is unprofessional and inconsistent. Partly our…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Send one email with all the tracking numbers on split orders

Our wholesale customers orders are sometimes split into 10 or more shipments. When we split the order and generate a label for each shipment, it is sending an email. It is annoying for the customer to get 10 different emails for one order.

There is the 'Don't send email' setting per shipment, but this is a temporary workaround to not annoy the customer.

It would be helpful to send only one email with all the tracking numbers on a split order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Notify customer when I split an order that X Y Z items are remaining to be shipped.

I would like an email automation that would notify the customer that I split their order and X Y Z Products are remaining to be shipped.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Billing Address Mapping to Connex

Hello,
    Currently, when importing orders from Shipstation to Connex and then Connex to our Quickbooks. Connex maps the shipping address of the customer to the billing address as well. However, in our Quickbooks we have our on billing address that we would like to use.

I would like to request a feature that would allow me to input my business address as the billing address so when orders are imported Connex maps that billing address into our sales orders and not the customers.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. delivery confirmation emails

Please set your system to make a call to FedEx at regular intervals to refresh tracking data. Or at least make this an option for customers to set up. We ship perishable items but my customer sometimes don't receive delivery confirmation until days after the delivery. This is not helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Delivery Notifications to be Not sent for certain addresses in Automation Rules

It would be pleasant to have the ability to select certain addresses that when packages are delivered, the system automatically does not send a delivery confirmation. For instance, eBay international orders all go to a certain address in the states before being shipped internationally. The customer still receives a delivery email even tho the package is not delivered. It would be great to be able to have those customers not receive email notifications on delivery.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Send different templates for different notifications.

Allow more template options based on different options.

There is the option to send an email at a specific time after an order is processed, and another email when it hits the mail stream.

However I would like to send different email templates for these emails.

See picture.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Return email message more customizable

It would be of great interest for us to be able to “smartly” customize the content of our return email messages. It seems we can somewhat manage the message body in Settings-> Store Setup -> Returns. But then, that’s just an empty field. It would be nice to keep the number order just like what the automated email is generating, but then be able to customize the rest. We would definitely like to be able to change the subject (title) of the mail itself.
    Most of our customers don’t speak English (well they probably understand it, but it’s not really…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Drop-down menu for customized customer notification emails

Hi there,

We ship orders to our customers, but also allow local customers to select "In-Store Pickup" if they don't want to have their order shipped. Shipstation only allows one email notification template to be sent to all of our customers, which creates confusion when someone who has selected "In-Store Pickup" receives a notification saying that their order has been shipped.
    Is it possible to create a drop-down menu that allows businesses to select which notification email they'd like to send to their customers in this case?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Heather! Thank you for bringing this up. To send your customer a different email template, you can select a different email template from the order details window. For a visual, please refer to method #3 in this article: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205901188

For your pick up orders, I recommend making a new email template with the appropriate ready for pick up (or confirmation of pick up) message so you can manually change this on your pick up orders.

If you know beforehand which orders will need to be picked up, you can use automation rules to apply this new email template as well.

Please let us know here in the Product Feedback forum if you have more questions on this.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base