Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. option for multiple outgoing email accounts

Hi there

I understand in shipstion you can send outgoing emails to customers with automation rules, for my company it would be very beneficial if I can choose which account the email is getting sent from. In this case it would be easy once customers hit reply, it will go to the designated department.

For example:
    - I send customers emails notifying them if there item is on back order - this would be great if I can send the email directly from my shipping team
    - I send customers emails about how to exchange/return a product, and if the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hey @ps2idhu, thanks for posting this! We’ll keep this one in mind when updating our email capabilities. For now, we’d like to see what other users have to say about this before moving forward.

In the meantime, have you looked into using your email client’s functionality for this? From experience, Outlook and Gmail both have rules or filters that will allow you to take specific actions based on criteria.

Here’s a link to how Gmail would handle this just to show you the concept: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/35088?hl=en&ref_topic=3394658

2. Add a "New Order" button in the customer information in the sidebar

Make it possible to quickly create a new order to an existing customer from the sidebar in the orders tab. Searching the customer, or clicking the existing "New Order" button in the top navigation forces you away from the Orders tab, which is where we do the majority of our work in ShipStation. Having the ability to create a new order with a the click of a button using the existing customer information seems to be a feature that should be there, but isn't for some reason.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Use customer's first name only

Add a Field Replacement option that lets you use your customer's first name instead of their first and last. It looks more personal and other companies are doing this already.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Send Shipping Confirmations even if ShipStation cannot connect back to the sellers market place.

Could you add an automation rule that when Shipstation is not able to connect back to the market place it still emails the customer the tracking information when an Item is shipped. Right now, customers do not get emailed and it potentially creates an upset customer. You could even just switch the workflow to email customer then connect with market place.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. After voiding shipment, new shipment with updated tracking info should be transmitted to marketplace automatically

In situations where an address needs to be changed or additional boxes added to a shipment after the label has been created, the original shipment can be voided, adjusted and re-shipped with updated information. This new, updated tracking information should be transmitted to the marketplace just as the original information was, alleviating the need to do this manually. This would greatly increase the efficiency of our processes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @Brandon thank you for taking the time to bring this up! And thanks @vetinternetco for the comment!

Today, we will resubmit the information to your Selling Channel, but not all channels accept the updated information we send.

Can you tell us what selling channels you’re manually adding information for?

6. A tax ID saved to a specific customer record

We mainly use Shipstation for B2B exportations and i would really appreciate the opportunity to have a field to put the Tax ID when i import customers.

Also, this Tax ID should be linked with my UPS accound so that the number actually appears on my commercial invoices.

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Selection of email address for sending a separate notification with BCC

We are using TrustPilot to get reviews of the products people are purchasing. We need to send out a BCC to TrustPilot for them to fire a product review after the product has been received. Currently fires the BCC every time. We need to select what templates get an additional BCC sent out. Otherwise the customer will get multiple emails to review the product.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More Field Replacement variables in email templates

Would love to have the ability to include more data into email templates, specifically Destination Country, Destination ZIP or Postal Code, list of product SKU numbers, etc.

This would be great to personalize emails.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Pinterest to social banners

I use Pinterest to market my business in addition to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. It would be great if Pinterest could be added as an option for the social media buttons that are included in customer emails and the custom tracking pages.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Branded Returns Portal Error - Customers cannot return within return window

When customers attempt to make a return well within their return window, the branded returns portal will sometimes take them to a page that says "Please contact us about your order."

Initially I was under the impression this only happened to international orders, but it happens to domestic orders as well and it makes customers think that we are trying to delay their return.

Please consider making this a high priority issue.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @David CT, thanks for bringing this up! There could be a few things that are stopping your customers from making a return so for a more detailed reason why your specific order has been stopped I recommend reaching out to our folks here by going to help.shipstation.com and submitting a request.

Here’s an article that might help you figure this out as well. The limitations are listed under “A few things to note” towards the bottom of the page: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003523487

11. Add SHIPPING PAID TOTAL attribute to automated email templates

I am working with a 3PL that requires constant confirmation to individual clients about which orders have been received and which orders have been shipped.

Currently, there is no way to attach a SHIPPING PAID TOTAL attribute to an email template. This would allow me to automate communication involving a critical piece of invoicing information for a wholesale client that ships based on NET15 and NET30 terms without manually sending a summarized export.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Slack Webhook Support

Slack has a particular format that webhooks have to be in. Right now the ship station webhook does not work with slack. It would be great to have this integrated. Their standard is explained here: https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Link to Big Commerce Order

BigCommerce's native "Shipped" email includes a link to the customer's order online. Can ShipStation's "Shipped" email notification include this link as well? Then we don't have to use BC's emails at all and send a single email instead of 2.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Mary! Thanks for bringing this up. While we wait for more users to chime in here, can you tell us more about these two emails your users are receiving? What type of information is included in each email?

14. Notification Instant or Mail Stream on Individual Orders

It would be awesome if there was a way to select "Notify when it hits the mail stream" or "Notify immediately" was an option that could be selected individually.
    We have some items that have a delay before they ship, and customers always call because the tracking number shows no movement, and other orders that ship immediately.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. reference

Allow to put reference numbers on NON-Order Labels.

This will allow sending a label or return label and reference your own order numbers, and not shipstations auto-generated RMA, which is sort of useless.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Buyer company name

Include the Buyer company name on the email template fields. Currently, the only buyer field that Shipstation holds onto would be the buyer name. I can include the buyer name on the shipment notification but you do not currently have a way to include a field replacement for the buyer company name on the email. This would be helpful for our internal email notifications, so at a glance we can see which customer an order belongs to.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. drip

Integration with Drip for email communications. Drip is an awesome solution that allows you to create workflows for interaction so you can integrate numerous business process into your customer communication strategy.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Addon Products

I need the ability to use a template tag or product selection to use in an email communication that allows me to upsell and suggest other products to purchase from the store or marketplace they bought from.

The email is already allowed to the customer since it informs them of shipment or delivery. Why not take advantage of it to suggest other products that are popular or that you want to promote.

A logical use of communication.

It would also be really helpful to have this as an option in branded pages as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Combined Order Shipment Email Needs All Order Numbers Included In Message

When combining orders into a single shipment we really need each of the order numbers that are in the combined shipment to be included in the shipping confirmation email. This should not have to be manually done by someone.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a few more Field Replacement values in the email options. We use the email notification to notify drop shippers of an order they need to

Add a few more Field Replacement values in the email options. We use the email notification to notify drop shippers of an order they need to ship. Currently we can only include all the products in an order [Item List]. Please consider adding a few additional variations to this, such as [Item List Group 1],[Item List Group 2],[Item List Group 3],[Item List Group 4]. Then we can tell Shipstation in the products section which products are from group 1, group 2, etc. And then we can send the email to the vendor, and only populate products that they need to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base