Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chat feature between users

ShipStation is ideal for many things, but I'd love to be able to have a chat feature between users. If the warehouse has any questions about an order they could chat with customer service, then the transcript could be placed in each order as well. For instance, something is a rush, then could tell the warehouse that.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Rules to prevent shipment confirm email to certain customers (e.g. eBay GSP)

Certain customers shouldn't receive confirmation e-mails regarding their shipment, such as those that place orders through eBay's Global Shipping Program. eBay recommends that these customers do not receive communication from sellers regarding the shipping address and tracking number since it creates confusion when the customer sees a shipping address in Erlanger, KY.

Allow for e-mail exclusion rules in the store setup. This will allow us to exclude certain groups of customers, such as eBay GSP, from the regular e-mails that are sent.

If this is too involved, at a minimum, allow for an option in the eBay store setup to…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

My apologies on being unfamiliar with GSP orders @guntap! I’ve come up with a better solution if you haven’t figured it out already. The rules are similar though, instead of saying “don’t send an email to GSP orders” it will say “only send an email to non-GSP orders”.

If you’ve followed the steps in this article to apply an order tag to your GSP orders (https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206639637) then you can create a rule that says: “Order tags do not include (your GSP tag name), use email template for…” Be sure to add this rule after/below the rule that tags your GSP orders.

You can also become more specific in case you have other stores that do not need to be affected: If store = ebay and if order tags do not include (your GSP tag)… use email template for …"

Although this isn’t an optimal solution, this will…

3. Add estimated delivery date to outgoing "shipped" emails

I know you recently added the ability for the shipper to see how many days it is being quoted in the admin, before creating the label.

Would it be possible for Shipstation to add code to the outgoing emails that takes the ship day we specified and adds the number of travel days to that, and renders it into the email?

Something along the lines of:

Your Estimated Delivery Day: December 21

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @Warren! Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll take note of your feedback and will reference it when making related updates. For now, we’d like to see other users add their support to this idea before moving forward.

While this isn’t available today, if your customers wanted to see this information, they would need to click on the tracking link to view the estimated delivery date.

Feel free add goals, thought, or insights to this idea!

4. Creating a label

Being able to have a email autoatically sent EVERYTIME we create a label. For example, when we want to do an exchange, we have to search in our client database and find the one we're looking for and then create a label that isn't attached to any order. in that case, we have to email that custumer personnally to tell them that the exchange package is being sent and give them their tracking number.

So, what we would want is that everytime a label is created, wheather it's attached to an order or not, an automatic email is sent (like…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to manually push an email

Ability to manually push emails and chose the template. For example if something is taking extra long to ship I may want to select those 4 orders orders and send an email telling them sorry but it is taking longer than expected..

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to add JSON to the email template

We need the ability to add JSON to the email template.

For example, we have Trustpilot Automatic Feedback Service uses some JSON code in the shipment confirmation email (shipment email template), and JSON is not a language our email template supports at this time. With this, we can provide additional product and site reviews to our site's products. Company and product reviews have never been more important then they are now to get a customer to make the decision to buy for you.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. feedback button

it would be an idea to create a "Leave Feedback" on each page, similar to Google. That gives context.

also, it was not easy finding this Fresh Ideas page...needed to leave SS and do Google search. Making it easier to find in platform would be groovy.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2nd email Field

It would be helpful to have a field for a secondary email. This way the tracking info could be emailed to the customer and to the sales rep. I am already BCC'd on orders so this would be separate from that.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Blind Copy on Shipment and/OR Delivery Email

We started using the new automated email for delivery confirmation (http://support.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/3099873-allow-automated-emails-to-be-sent-once-item-is-del). We also like to BCC ourselves the shipment confirmation, but it's not necessary for the delivery confirmation. The option as it stands is an all or nothing, my suggestion is to make that two options.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up, @dpit! Can you tell us what makes the shipment confirmation email more valuable to you than the delivery email?

Since delivery notification emails are fairly new, we’d like to hear what you think about it.

Also, to help you today, depending on the email service you’re using you may be able to create a rule/filter to automatically direct the delivery emails with certain email subjects to a place other than your main inbox.

For example, here’s outlook: http://bit.ly/1kpmF71
    and Gmail: http://bit.ly/1rMougX

10. In the customer's tab, it would be nice to have the most recent order shown at the top of the list for all John Smith's as an example.

For example we have hundreds of John Smith's in our customer tab. When you search John Smith, the top of the list is the first John Smith customer ever created. We want it to show the John Smith who has ordered most recently. There is an "arrow" which should work to sort (flip) it, but apparently does not work, at least on our system.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allowing an option for delivery emails to be resent

It would be nice to be able to manually send delivery emails to your shipments similar to the "resend confirmation" option. I created a 500 shipment batch order and did not have the shipment or delivary email enabled. I enabled both after the fact meaning they would only apply to any labels created moving forward. I was able to select all shipments and resend confirmations but was not able to "resend" delivery confirmation emails. You should be able to retroactively select these options.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sortable Customer Email List

I wish there were a way to create a customer name and email list, sortable by marketplace.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. CONFIRMATION SMS

it will be a great idea if we were able to send shipment and delivery confirmation via text (SMS), not just emails. As you know some people still not used to emails, tthey dont use emails at all, but they can text, if we can only send shipping confirmation via SMS it will be great, i know there are other softwares that uses this, but i am surprised not to see it as one of your options.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Patreon

I deliver products every month using the website "Patreon". It's a monthly subscription, that my followers pay to me to support my business. In return, I send them prints both monthly and every 6 months. Having shipstation connected to it, would be absolutel amazing!

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up this great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to Patreon and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

(Also, congratulations on your artistic success!)

15. Develop a Help Scout Integration

We would love to see a Help Scout Integration. If we could see order tracking info directly in Help Scout, our help desk, that would increase efficiencies drastically.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. option for multiple outgoing email accounts

Hi there

I understand in shipstion you can send outgoing emails to customers with automation rules, for my company it would be very beneficial if I can choose which account the email is getting sent from. In this case it would be easy once customers hit reply, it will go to the designated department.

For example:
    - I send customers emails notifying them if there item is on back order - this would be great if I can send the email directly from my shipping team
    - I send customers emails about how to exchange/return a product, and if the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @ps2idhu, thanks for posting this! We’ll keep this one in mind when updating our email capabilities. For now, we’d like to see what other users have to say about this before moving forward.

In the meantime, have you looked into using your email client’s functionality for this? From experience, Outlook and Gmail both have rules or filters that will allow you to take specific actions based on criteria.

Here’s a link to how Gmail would handle this just to show you the concept: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/35088?hl=en&ref_topic=3394658

17. Add a "New Order" button in the customer information in the sidebar

Make it possible to quickly create a new order to an existing customer from the sidebar in the orders tab. Searching the customer, or clicking the existing "New Order" button in the top navigation forces you away from the Orders tab, which is where we do the majority of our work in ShipStation. Having the ability to create a new order with a the click of a button using the existing customer information seems to be a feature that should be there, but isn't for some reason.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Use customer's first name only

Add a Field Replacement option that lets you use your customer's first name instead of their first and last. It looks more personal and other companies are doing this already.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Send Shipping Confirmations even if ShipStation cannot connect back to the sellers market place.

Could you add an automation rule that when Shipstation is not able to connect back to the market place it still emails the customer the tracking information when an Item is shipped. Right now, customers do not get emailed and it potentially creates an upset customer. You could even just switch the workflow to email customer then connect with market place.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. After voiding shipment, new shipment with updated tracking info should be transmitted to marketplace automatically

In situations where an address needs to be changed or additional boxes added to a shipment after the label has been created, the original shipment can be voided, adjusted and re-shipped with updated information. This new, updated tracking information should be transmitted to the marketplace just as the original information was, alleviating the need to do this manually. This would greatly increase the efficiency of our processes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @Brandon thank you for taking the time to bring this up! And thanks @vetinternetco for the comment!

Today, we will resubmit the information to your Selling Channel, but not all channels accept the updated information we send.

Can you tell us what selling channels you’re manually adding information for?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base