Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Branded Returns Page should have Language as a configurable option

We are a Canadian business, and our webstore is available in both official Canadian languages: English and French. Your Returns Page, however, is only available in English. This will certainly cause some frustration for our francophone customers who prefer being served in their mother tongue.

There are two ways to do this:
    1. When the Returns Page is created in each Store within ShipStation, language should be an option.
    2. Language can be customized using code at the end of the URL. Google Forms does this for French by adding "?hl=fr" at the end of the URL.

Thanks.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Option for Schema.org email markup (Gmail)

https://developers.google.com/gmail/markup/reference/parcel-delivery
    Allow insertion of JSON-LD schema.org markup into emails. Or at least make the necessary fields available so we can do it on our own. For example, the markup requires that the address components (street address, city, zip) are separate. Also, it would be nice to to be able to include product urls and the like.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. email recipient

Please provide a way to enter more then one email recipient for the tracking emails. If would be fine to only have one email record in the customer entry, the way you have it now, but provide optional additional recipients on the shipment page for each individual shipments. Both UPS and FedEx do this on their websites and we use it often.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Multiple email addresses for customers -

I have several customers that would like multiple email addresses on their account. For instance, we drop ship for a distributor. They want to be notified and they want the recipient to be notified. Currently I have to do one or the other manually.

I have other customers who would like shipping notices sent to two or more email addresses as well

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create "Verify address" button to notify customer to update their invalid addresses.

I think it will save me lots of time to not manually asking customers to update their shipping address because when shipstation systems shows that their address is invalid.

I need to manually send them an email and ask them to update their address. This takes time and customers orders sometimes is held longer because of that.

Thank you

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. UPS Quantum View Notify and Other Carrier Notifications

Having UPS Quantum View Notify functionality would be amazing. It's an extremely powerful tool that basically allows to send notifications to the customer regarding their delivery status, like delays in transit or if it's sitting at a UPS Access Point.

I'm not sure what other carriers have in regards to this, but I'm sure they may have something similar.

Delivery confirmation is one thing, and already very good, but having even more notifications like listed above would be incredible. We have customers who's packages end up sitting at UPS Access Points until they are returned to sender because they don't…

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When a shipment notification fails send an email to the seller

When the shipment notification fails on any of the four steps send an email to the seller to retry the failed steps, and also notify the seller of the cause of failure and possible ways to fix it

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Voided Shipment Emails/ Updated Tracking relayed to customer.

I would like to have the ability to set up ShipStation to generate an email that gets sent to my customers when shipments are voided.

As it is, if a change needs to be made to a shipment due to incorrect "ship from" addresses, 3rd party shipping account info, or any number of possible scenarios that are most often due to inconsistent automation rules, no information is relayed to the customer that a shipment has been voided.

If I can set up a shipment confirmation email, why can't I set up a voided shipment email?

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Applying for an RMA instead of just submitting one without approval

When a customer creates an RMA through the Branded Returns Portal, it should not be possible just to print the shipping/return label right away. The customer should apply for an RMA, and if it gets approved then the shipping label can be printed.
    This would help us gain control over RMA's

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Manage Customer through API (Create, edit, delete)

Able to create, edit, and delete customer through ShipSation API.

This will allow users to integrate their own custom system with ShipStation to manage their customers rather than having to do it in two places.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Email Notification When Manual Order is Created

I realized I could create a separate store in Shipstation specifically for my manual Warranty orders. It would be amazing if you had the option to send an 'Order Created' email notification to the customer once the agent actually creates the Manual Order.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We have 4 Couriers. When my customer asks us for shipping prices we would Like to be able to export shipping prices from the shipping calcul

When our customer asks us for shipping prices we would Like to be able to export shipping prices from the shipping calculator in shipstation from all our couriers since we do not know if the customer is looking for affordable shipping, Fast shipping, or has a preferred courier it is frustrating having to copy every line everytime a customer asks for shipping price. Just On eBay we have this question asked several times a day. To have a simple way of offering this to them so they decide would save us a lot of time. We have 4 Couriers with…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. option for multiple outgoing email accounts

Hi there

I understand in shipstion you can send outgoing emails to customers with automation rules, for my company it would be very beneficial if I can choose which account the email is getting sent from. In this case it would be easy once customers hit reply, it will go to the designated department.

For example:
    - I send customers emails notifying them if there item is on back order - this would be great if I can send the email directly from my shipping team
    - I send customers emails about how to exchange/return a product, and if the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @ps2idhu, thanks for posting this! We’ll keep this one in mind when updating our email capabilities. For now, we’d like to see what other users have to say about this before moving forward.

In the meantime, have you looked into using your email client’s functionality for this? From experience, Outlook and Gmail both have rules or filters that will allow you to take specific actions based on criteria.

Here’s a link to how Gmail would handle this just to show you the concept: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/35088?hl=en&ref_topic=3394658

14. Customers without email not saved?

Customers name from orders downloaded from marketplaces such as HOUZZ and AMAZON that do not provide us with customer's email are NOT saved in the customer database/list because Shipstation use the email as the unique identifier.

But this is not a good thing because, we may need to ship a replacement to one of those customers and their name is nor in the list...

Maybe you guys should set ShipStation to create a mock text in the email field when an actual email address is not present as it is IMPORTANT that ALL customer be saved for future use...

Thank…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Shopify SMS FB Messenger Support

With Shopify rolling out order updates via SMS and FB Messenger, any plans to support these features?

We're currently using ShipStation's Order Shipped email simply because the tracking page it provides is better than Shopify's. In turn, customers who subscribed to be notified via SMS and FB Messenger do not get any messages when their order ships out because ShipStation is basically disabling the trigger on Shopify's side when it fulfills the order and update Shopify. This is what we found out after talking to both ShipStation and Shopify support.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @EmazingDot, thanks for taking the time to bring this up! This isn’t currently on our immediate radar, but we’d like to hear from other folks to help get the ball rolling.

If anyone is interested, please vote and add your thoughts here in the forum!

16. carrier shipping charges

Allow carrier shipping charges to be included in Shipment Notification emails. Very important feature for companies that provide drop-shipments.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable all shipment notifications

FedEx and others have various push options for letting shippers and recipients stay on top of shipments (when picked up, when something unexpected happens, when it is out of delivery, etc.). With Shipstation the ONLY notification that comes is when it is delivered.

I want to know if a customer's shipment is delayed, if there is a problem. And, if it is picked up. And knowing that shouldn't involve me having to go and fetch the information. There should be an option with each shipping company as to which of their notifications you want to get and which you want…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. new zealand

Add address validation for new Zealand with DHL, I believe DHL already offer it within the API it just needs to be utilized.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New Customers & automation

Hi, I am looking for a way to IDENTIFY new customers automatically. Currently all our orders are imported from an OpenCart shopping. When a customer places an order they all come in the same way, whether new or repeat. I currently want to have a indicator (a buyers note) that we would have attached automatically to the NEW customer. So that when we print our packing lists, we will see the message and the team would then know to put in Material in their package. Currently when I see all my orders, I have to hover over the RECIPENT to…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. International Date Format for shipment notification Emails

Currently the date dormat for shipment notification Emails is only available in US format (mm/dd/yyyy).

We would require international date formats, e.g. we are in Australia and would require the option to report dates as dd/mm/yyyy, Europe might need dd.mm.yyyyy

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi thanks for sharing 2SL_Webstore! We’re re-opening this idea to hear more from users like yourself.

It turns out we misunderstood the original idea. The email date format is currently set to show mm/dd/yyyy and can’t be changed at the moment and the date format in settings only effects the ShipStation interface.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base