Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rules to prevent shipment confirm email to certain customers (e.g. eBay GSP)

Certain customers shouldn't receive confirmation e-mails regarding their shipment, such as those that place orders through eBay's Global Shipping Program. eBay recommends that these customers do not receive communication from sellers regarding the shipping address and tracking number since it creates confusion when the customer sees a shipping address in Erlanger, KY.

Allow for e-mail exclusion rules in the store setup. This will allow us to exclude certain groups of customers, such as eBay GSP, from the regular e-mails that are sent.

If this is too involved, at a minimum, allow for an option in the eBay store setup to…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

My apologies on being unfamiliar with GSP orders @guntap! I’ve come up with a better solution if you haven’t figured it out already. The rules are similar though, instead of saying “don’t send an email to GSP orders” it will say “only send an email to non-GSP orders”.

If you’ve followed the steps in this article to apply an order tag to your GSP orders (https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206639637) then you can create a rule that says: “Order tags do not include (your GSP tag name), use email template for…” Be sure to add this rule after/below the rule that tags your GSP orders.

You can also become more specific in case you have other stores that do not need to be affected: If store = ebay and if order tags do not include (your GSP tag)… use email template for …"

Although this isn’t an optimal solution, this will…

2. Option for Schema.org email markup (Gmail)

https://developers.google.com/gmail/markup/reference/parcel-delivery
    Allow insertion of JSON-LD schema.org markup into emails. Or at least make the necessary fields available so we can do it on our own. For example, the markup requires that the address components (street address, city, zip) are separate. Also, it would be nice to to be able to include product urls and the like.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to delay shipment notification email regardless of marketplace notifications.

I want to delay shipment notification to my customers until their package hits the USPS mail stream. The documentation at https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206638577#auto
    says that if I use a supported carrier, "you'll be able to set up Delayed Shipment Notifications based on when the shipment first hits the mailstream". Customer support, however, says that this doesn't work unless marketplace notification is also happening. I don't see why one has anything to do with the other - my carrier is USPS/stamps.com and SS is talking to it. My marketplace is Paypal and I don't really care if it's updated or not.

20 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for posting your idea here, @Julia! At this time delayed notification is tied to both marketplace and customer updates. Is there something you’re looking for with a delayed shipment email confirmation?

From ShipStation users to my own ecommerce experiences, I’ve seen email confirmations edited to: “Your shipping label has been created, please wait X hours before checking your tracking number” and this alleviates your customers reaching out to you.

4. tags

I need to tag orders that come in from Magento with the color of enveloppe I used to ship them out. I would like that tag to follow the customer so that the next time Magento sends me an order from the same person, I can use a different color enveloppe (and tag that new color). Basically I would like a way to monitor which color I've shipped to each customer and keep it updated with every new order.
    Thank you!

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to post this idea @Mohamed! We have tags that you can add to a customer record that will apply to the next order that comes in, there isn’t quite a way to have it the other way around (apply a customer tag to an order and have the customer record retain that tag) or is a two-way street.

We’ll keep your feedback in mind when we update our Customers page, but for now we’d like to see other users chime in (like @Kevin! Thank you!) and add their support for your idea before moving forward.

Here’s something you can try today, if feasible for your operation: You may be able to use the Customer History info when you hover over the recipient name. So if you see they have ordered in the past (and have a customer record), you can perform a Quick Search…

5. import customer messages to Shipstation

ShipStation is great place to manage many marketplaces all at once. However we sellers still need to login into every marketplace and check customers' messages, in case they need to change address or so on. I personally own 16 shops all connected to ShipStation, and it's really time consuming to check every single of them. I do not know if API allows, or if its possible at all. But having Messages window like ORDERS OR SHIPMENTS on top, with all customer messages from different marketplaces like Amazon, ebay, Etsy, Wish would make it for seller extremely easy. Would it be…

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

@tmpgarment – Thanks for bringing this up! Like you said it may not be possible at all and it depends if each Selling Channel sends us this information. We’ll keep this in mind for future updates, but for now we’d like to see more support in this idea before moving forward.

So if you’re interested in this idea, please add your votes and comments to help!

6. Email Authentication based on Client Domain

We want the FROM address set to our domain so that 'via Shipstation.com' does not appear on gmail. We also want to include your spf/senderId records in our spf/senderId records, have the email signed with our DKIM key and have the links use our subdomain instead of email.shipstation.com.

Here's how this works on a few of the major ESPs:

http://login.mg2mail.com/help/Content/Listrak_Manual/Branding%20Settings.htm

https://mandrill.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205582387-How-to-Set-up-Sending-Domains

https://sendgrid.com/docs/Glossary/email_authentication.html

This will significantly improve deliverability and professional appearance.

Best Regards,

James Fredley
    VP of Marketing Technology
    FilterEasy

163 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @all

Thanks for your continued support on this idea, we don’t have any updates to report on the status of how we authenticate email addresses based on client domains, but any updates will be posted through this thread.

But, please continue providing your experiences with how the lack of this feature impacts your workflow.

7. After voiding shipment, new shipment with updated tracking info should be transmitted to marketplace automatically

In situations where an address needs to be changed or additional boxes added to a shipment after the label has been created, the original shipment can be voided, adjusted and re-shipped with updated information. This new, updated tracking information should be transmitted to the marketplace just as the original information was, alleviating the need to do this manually. This would greatly increase the efficiency of our processes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @Brandon thank you for taking the time to bring this up! And thanks @vetinternetco for the comment!

Today, we will resubmit the information to your Selling Channel, but not all channels accept the updated information we send.

Can you tell us what selling channels you’re manually adding information for?

8. Automate email by return package marked received

As part of our business we have customers return us packages all the time and we would like to automate an email to be sent to them once we mark their package as received in ShipStation.

38 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to bring this up @KateME! I found a couple of other ideas that expressed the same business challenge and merged them here so the votes can be heard all in one place.

At this time, we would like to see additional interest in this idea and hear what other users have to say before moving forward.

To send emails when you are marking your returns as received, you’ll have to send them one-by-one by opening each order detail window and click on the email address to open your computer’s default email program.

If you’d like to see email addresses in bulk, you can create custom exports from either the Orders or Shipments page to export the email addresses of your selected orders. Here’s more info on custom exports: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206638777

9. blind Copy on return labels

It would be great to include a BCC option on return label emails sent to customers. This way we can keep records of all communication sent from ShipStation.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @Shannon, thank you for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep your feedback in mind when updating the return label functionality, and for now, we’d like to see other users add their support to your idea before moving forward.

In the meantime, there are two things you may be interested if this information is important to you today.

1. Add your company email address when emailing the return label to a customer. Your customer will be able to see all of the emails this is sent to—perhaps making it easier to identify your business.
    You’ll want to separate the email addresses with a comma like this: “john.customer@email.com, mycompanyname@company.com

2. On the Returns section of the Shipments page, you can export your returns data. In the file, the header “ForwardTo” (column AZ) will list the email addresses you’ve sent return labels to.

10. Blind Copy on Shipment and/OR Delivery Email

We started using the new automated email for delivery confirmation (http://support.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/3099873-allow-automated-emails-to-be-sent-once-item-is-del). We also like to BCC ourselves the shipment confirmation, but it's not necessary for the delivery confirmation. The option as it stands is an all or nothing, my suggestion is to make that two options.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up, @dpit! Can you tell us what makes the shipment confirmation email more valuable to you than the delivery email?

Since delivery notification emails are fairly new, we’d like to hear what you think about it.

Also, to help you today, depending on the email service you’re using you may be able to create a rule/filter to automatically direct the delivery emails with certain email subjects to a place other than your main inbox.

For example, here’s outlook: http://bit.ly/1kpmF71
    and Gmail: http://bit.ly/1rMougX

11. Add estimated delivery date to outgoing "shipped" emails

I know you recently added the ability for the shipper to see how many days it is being quoted in the admin, before creating the label.

Would it be possible for Shipstation to add code to the outgoing emails that takes the ship day we specified and adds the number of travel days to that, and renders it into the email?

Something along the lines of:

Your Estimated Delivery Day: December 21

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @Warren! Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll take note of your feedback and will reference it when making related updates. For now, we’d like to see other users add their support to this idea before moving forward.

While this isn’t available today, if your customers wanted to see this information, they would need to click on the tracking link to view the estimated delivery date.

Feel free add goals, thought, or insights to this idea!

12. Multiple customer shipping addresses linked to one email address.

We handle quite a few manual orders where one client will order for multiple locations. It would be nice if multiple locations could be tied to the same email address. Right now, it just keeps the last order used by that email in the customer records so we have to manually type the address each time. Either that or being able to save customer shipping information using something other than an email address (phone # maybe???) to keep it saved in the system.

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @tysonmiller! Thanks for taking the time to add your idea! We’ll keep your idea in mind for future updates, but for now we’d like to see your idea gain interest from other users before making a decision.

You’re right, Customer Records are referenced by their email addresses. You mentioned this is “quite a few” orders. Have you tried to use a CSV file to create these manual orders? This way you can assign the username to a different value to create multiple Customer Records under one name—if not to just do your manual orders all at once.

13. Track Customer Order Frequency. Ability to place rules based on a customer's order

Track Customer Order Frequency. Have the ability to place rules, report on the number of orders a customer has placed. For example: Joe has placed 3 orders, he receives a free gift. Adding a step to that, the frequency a particular item/sku gets ordered.

219 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @everyone!

Thank you for your feedback on this idea and letting us know how you would use tagging/rules to identify those repeat or first time customers- your use cases for this feature really help us shape how it would best fit into your workflow. Please keep commenting if you have new ideas so that we can best design this feature with your needs in mind. Our product team is still reviewing this idea and we’ll let you know once a decision has been made.

14. Allow users to select orders in a list and bulk email those customers

We do a lot of presales on shirts that can't be shipped right away when sold. It would be nice if we could select orders from any list of orders and send an email to those customers. It would just be another action at the top of an order table like hold until, mark as shipped, etc. It would open a dialog that would allow us to put in a subject and a body for an email to update the customers about the status of the items they have ordered. This would cut down on a LOT of support emails…

130 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Everyone,

Thank you for your feedback, we are actively reviewing this feature and appreciate all of your comment and votes.

The product team will review your request and you’ll hear from us once we have made a decision.

Please continue to share your ideas and additional information about how you’d use this “bulk email” feature by posting here in the forum.

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base