Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Character limit

Please remove character limit on shipping notification emails! This makes it really difficult to make a custom shipping email template. I am using an outdated one that I can no longer edit because of the new character limit rules. Not sure why this was ever even implemented in the first place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automated email shipping verification back to customer

When shipping address is incorrect do to customer input error. Why not have an automated email verification back to that customer verifying their shipping address.

This would save me so much time everyday!

Thanks ShipStation for all that you do!! Your the best!!!...I would love you more if you had a feature like this!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Return Label Tracking Number in email.

Return Label Tracking Number in email.

It would be great to be able to send customers the return label tracking number through email. We print out the return label and place it on the box for them to return. "Less steps on the customer" and currently do not have a way to let the customer know their return label tracking number.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Royal Mail 24/48 CRL - TRACKING NEEDS TO BE UPLOADED AUTOMATICALLY!!

Despite the service not being tracked all the way through the system customers need to be made aware that their shipment has been sent with the reference number provided by RM. Without providing even a tracking number to acknowledge that it is in the postal system there is a good chance the customer will be anxious about their order. By providing this reference number they are at least reassured that the package has been sent and that avoids issues for the retailers using this system. I think it would be advisable to incorporate this feature asap as it is a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Email label when submitting return through portal

When a customer makes a return through the return portal, they should also receive an email with our message and the label attached in PDF format.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add a "other notifications" tab to the email template page

Having a new 3rd tab to classify email notifications that aren't related to shipping or delivery notifications

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Tracking sent to Phone Service

Carriers will allow tracking to be sent to an email and a phone number once it is listed. Can you please create a configuration so that customers can receive a text message with the tracking information, so that they are aware an order is on the way. This is a basic feature with carriers, and would be important to add.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. adding more than one email to an order

We have customers that supply more than one email for shipping notifications and your system isn't capable of that. This should be a standard feature as I'm sure I'm not the only person running into this issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Trigger Zaps for Fulfilled Orders

I'd like to see a Zap trigger for Fulfilled orders. Currently our orders we print a label for or ship through Shipstation trigger zaps, but they do not trigger when we have a Fulfillment entered from another system. As theoretically we're paying for those orders out of our quota when they're being fulfilled externally, I'd really like to be able to trigger Zaps with them. We have other systems that order fulfillment in SS feeds in to, and this would let us have the same process everywhere.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Combined Order Shipment Email Needs All Order Numbers Included In Message

When combining orders into a single shipment we really need each of the order numbers that are in the combined shipment to be included in the shipping confirmation email. This should not have to be manually done by someone.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Option of Removing "Powered by Shipstation" Logo

Removal of "Powered by Shipstation" Logo.

It would be good to provide customers with the option of removing the "Powered by Shipstation" logo on the shipment and delivery confirmation emails. This would allow the Branded Pages to be just that, branded pages that focus entirely on the company sending the package.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Anglicisation on branded pages

Ability to Anglisize copy on the branded pages, e.g. change "Zip Code" to "Postcode" on the returns pages.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ominsend

would love to see an omnisend integration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Emails dont contain pre-headers, so they dont display properly on mobile devices

Right now, emails sent by shipstation to customers (order confirmations, etc) dont display properly on mobile devices.

Because of spam/phishing practices, mobile devices display the first few lines of an email in order to help the average person know if they should open it.

Using the default templates, the emails sent will convey an un-trustworthy "hint" to users, who may choose not to open them out of concern for their security.
    Additionally, since the HTML editor does not allow for "pre-header" information to be entered (only body), it is difficult (impossible) to adjust the email if you want a logo…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please incorporate a way to include the packing slip in the email template.

All customers want a copy of the invoice. I use the packing slip as the invoice. When my email is sent it only lists the products shipped but not all the other info listed in the packing slip, like tax, shipping etc.

Currently I need to send a separate email to each customer that includes the invoice (packing Slip)

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adding Postage to Email Notification

To be able to add the Postage amount onto the Email Notification. This would be helpful when needing to bill the customer separately for the Postage after the order gets processed into the system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fulfillment Notifications

Users of ShipStation should have the option of receiving email notifications for when an order is fulfilled. This would be helpful with keeping track of orders going out without having to login to the portal or a marketplace portal to confirm.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. UPS Quantum View Notify and Other Carrier Notifications

Having UPS Quantum View Notify functionality would be amazing. It's an extremely powerful tool that basically allows to send notifications to the customer regarding their delivery status, like delays in transit or if it's sitting at a UPS Access Point.

I'm not sure what other carriers have in regards to this, but I'm sure they may have something similar.

Delivery confirmation is one thing, and already very good, but having even more notifications like listed above would be incredible. We have customers who's packages end up sitting at UPS Access Points until they are returned to sender because they don't…

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. phone number an email

Can you add phone number and email auto fill to the PAST ADDRESS bar. thank you

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. back order update to customers

Hello, Is there not an option to send a back order update to customers from the order screen? That would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base