Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Track Customer Order Frequency. Ability to place rules based on a customer's order

Track Customer Order Frequency. Have the ability to place rules, report on the number of orders a customer has placed. For example: Joe has placed 3 orders, he receives a free gift. Adding a step to that, the frequency a particular item/sku gets ordered.

147 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    50 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @everyone!

Thank you for your feedback on this idea and letting us know how you would use tagging/rules to identify those repeat or first time customers- your use cases for this feature really help us shape how it would best fit into your workflow. Please keep commenting if you have new ideas so that we can best design this feature with your needs in mind. Our product team is still reviewing this idea and we’ll let you know once a decision has been made.

2. Allow users to select orders in a list and bulk email those customers

We do a lot of presales on shirts that can't be shipped right away when sold. It would be nice if we could select orders from any list of orders and send an email to those customers. It would just be another action at the top of an order table like hold until, mark as shipped, etc. It would open a dialog that would allow us to put in a subject and a body for an email to update the customers about the status of the items they have ordered. This would cut down on a LOT of support emails…

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    50 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Everyone,

Thank you for your feedback, we are actively reviewing this feature and appreciate all of your comment and votes.

The product team will review your request and you’ll hear from us once we have made a decision.

Please continue to share your ideas and additional information about how you’d use this “bulk email” feature by posting here in the forum.

3. Email Authentication based on Client Domain

We want the FROM address set to our domain so that 'via Shipstation.com' does not appear on gmail. We also want to include your spf/senderId records in our spf/senderId records, have the email signed with our DKIM key and have the links use our subdomain instead of email.shipstation.com.

Here's how this works on a few of the major ESPs:

http://login.mg2mail.com/help/Content/Listrak_Manual/Branding%20Settings.htm

https://mandrill.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205582387-How-to-Set-up-Sending-Domains

https://sendgrid.com/docs/Glossary/email_authentication.html

This will significantly improve deliverability and professional appearance.

Best Regards,

James Fredley
    VP of Marketing Technology
    FilterEasy

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, @all

Thanks for your continued support on this idea, we don’t have any updates to report on the status of how we authenticate email addresses based on client domains, but any updates will be posted through this thread.

But, please continue providing your experiences with how the lack of this feature impacts your workflow.

4. Automate email by return package marked received

As part of our business we have customers return us packages all the time and we would like to automate an email to be sent to them once we mark their package as received in ShipStation.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking the time to bring this up @KateME! I found a couple of other ideas that expressed the same business challenge and merged them here so the votes can be heard all in one place.

At this time, we would like to see additional interest in this idea and hear what other users have to say before moving forward.

To send emails when you are marking your returns as received, you’ll have to send them one-by-one by opening each order detail window and click on the email address to open your computer’s default email program.

If you’d like to see email addresses in bulk, you can create custom exports from either the Orders or Shipments page to export the email addresses of your selected orders. Here’s more info on custom exports: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206638777

5. Ability to delay shipment notification email regardless of marketplace notifications.

I want to delay shipment notification to my customers until their package hits the USPS mail stream. The documentation at https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206638577#auto
    says that if I use a supported carrier, "you'll be able to set up Delayed Shipment Notifications based on when the shipment first hits the mailstream". Customer support, however, says that this doesn't work unless marketplace notification is also happening. I don't see why one has anything to do with the other - my carrier is USPS/stamps.com and SS is talking to it. My marketplace is Paypal and I don't really care if it's updated or not.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for posting your idea here, @Julia! At this time delayed notification is tied to both marketplace and customer updates. Is there something you’re looking for with a delayed shipment email confirmation?

From ShipStation users to my own ecommerce experiences, I’ve seen email confirmations edited to: “Your shipping label has been created, please wait X hours before checking your tracking number” and this alleviates your customers reaching out to you.

6. It would be great if I could customize an email template with the customers first or last name

Being able to do this adds a personal touch and the email doesn't seem so Generic

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delete Customers & Web Based Editing of Their Information

Having the ability to delete a customer record from the system would be very helpful, as we have a lot of one time customers, that we then have to sift through months later to get to our customers we work with all the time.

Also having to keep a separate .csv file to make all changes, and updates to customers file, then upload every time a change is required, is incredibly cumbersome and adds more steps then should require.

I would ask that there is a web based solution to edit customer information, from inside of ShipStation.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve timing of delivery notification emails

Right now when an order hits someone's doorstep, they can get a delivery notification email. Only problem is this email often doesn't get sent by ShipStation until hours later. We ship chocolate, so it's important the customer knows it's been delivered so they can keep it from melting. I was excited when I saw the delivery notification email, but then found out it's almost always delayed by a number of hours.

It seems like it would be a simple fix for the development team to allow these delivery emails to be triggered immediately or even within a 15-30 minute delay.…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. High quality/better designed default email and packing slip templates

Let's face it, the default shipment notification is very 2002....and you need a phD in responsive email HTML in order to design and code a new one. ShipStation should put some resources into designing and coding some better-designed versions that we could pick from.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. import customer messages to Shipstation

ShipStation is great place to manage many marketplaces all at once. However we sellers still need to login into every marketplace and check customers' messages, in case they need to change address or so on. I personally own 16 shops all connected to ShipStation, and it's really time consuming to check every single of them. I do not know if API allows, or if its possible at all. But having Messages window like ORDERS OR SHIPMENTS on top, with all customer messages from different marketplaces like Amazon, ebay, Etsy, Wish would make it for seller extremely easy. Would it be…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@tmpgarment – Thanks for bringing this up! Like you said it may not be possible at all and it depends if each Selling Channel sends us this information. We’ll keep this in mind for future updates, but for now we’d like to see more support in this idea before moving forward.

So if you’re interested in this idea, please add your votes and comments to help!

11. Add New Customizable, User Defined Fields for Customer Info that can show up as Columns in the Customers Page

We want to be able to collect and view additional information on our Customers.

There are many different things that many of us would like to keep tabs on.

Please give us the ability to add new customizable, user defined fields for our Customers that have the ability to show up as additional Columns in the Customers Page

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Edit outdated customer addresses for all future shipments

I keep shipping to outdated addresses after I've already shipped to the correct address. My customers really don't like this. I desperately need the ability to change a customer's address once and for all for all future shipments.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Multiple customer shipping addresses linked to one email address.

We handle quite a few manual orders where one client will order for multiple locations. It would be nice if multiple locations could be tied to the same email address. Right now, it just keeps the last order used by that email in the customer records so we have to manually type the address each time. Either that or being able to save customer shipping information using something other than an email address (phone # maybe???) to keep it saved in the system.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @tysonmiller! Thanks for taking the time to add your idea! We’ll keep your idea in mind for future updates, but for now we’d like to see your idea gain interest from other users before making a decision.

You’re right, Customer Records are referenced by their email addresses. You mentioned this is “quite a few” orders. Have you tried to use a CSV file to create these manual orders? This way you can assign the username to a different value to create multiple Customer Records under one name—if not to just do your manual orders all at once.

14. Return Email Message Template

Please extend the email templates to also work for Return Email Messages. We'd like to be able to include fields from the order/shipment for Customer Name, Order Number, etc. Similar to Shipment and Delivery notifications.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Address Book

We ship to many customers over and over again. For most of these customers, their orders get input manually. Sometimes, shipstation keeps their addresses and we just have to search their name. Other times, for whatever reason, shipstation shunts all of their information. A way to save addresses permanently would be extremely helpful.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi!

To clarify, are you inputting an email address on these manual orders when you are entering them? That is how manual orders’ customer records are saved.

Beyond that, you can import Customer records via a CSV record so long as a unique CustomerID is saved.

Just to clarify your ideas a bit more, what is the best alternative to this workflow that would help you guys save these records?

16. Backorder Email

It would be nice to send an automatic email to the customer when an item that they ordered was placed on back order. Or when an order is split, so that they know why only part of their order is shipping, and not the complete order.
    Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Manually add a new customer without having to import CSV file.

It would be very handy to be able to manually add a new customer without having to import a CSV file. That way the customer's information can easily be accessed and looked up when they are placing an order in the future. In addition, this would allow return shipping labels to created for items that need to come to us before being shipped back to the customer. For example, in a situation where they are sending an item to us for repair/customization/modification/etc.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for all of your comments and votes! The product team will review your request and you’ll hear from us once we have made a decision.

Feel free to add any additional information about how you’d like to see the “Add New Customer” feature in the Customers page by commenting here in the forum.

18. carrier shipping charges

Allow carrier shipping charges to be included in Shipment Notification emails. Very important feature for companies that provide drop-shipments.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. email recipient

Please provide a way to enter more then one email recipient for the tracking emails. If would be fine to only have one email record in the customer entry, the way you have it now, but provide optional additional recipients on the shipment page for each individual shipments. Both UPS and FedEx do this on their websites and we use it often.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Internal Notes disappear and shouldn't

Internal notes are an integral way of communicating between the warehouse/shipping & the office.

It's efficient (I get that SS syncs w/ my e-commerce platform -- but SS is WAY more efficient in communicating shipping info.)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base