Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Out for Delivery email notification

ShipStation should add "Out for Delivery" email notification. Customers want to know when to expect delivery, and it's a huge help to know that the package is being delivered the day of. It should be an easy feature to implement?

Right now, there are only 2 types of email notifications: In Transit (when mailpiece enters mailstream) and Delivered notifications.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Send different templates for different notifications.

Allow more template options based on different options.

There is the option to send an email at a specific time after an order is processed, and another email when it hits the mail stream.

However I would like to send different email templates for these emails.

See picture.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Setting IF statements in Emails

Hi,

I would like to have the ability to have IF statements within an email template.
    For example;
    If tracking field is NOT blank then write 'your tracking number is [Tracking Number]'.
    If it is blank then say your package has shipped.

This has many possibilities.
    If status equals Hold do this. If package equals processed do that.

That would be a very cool feature.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @aronl thanks for bringing this up! While we wait for others to chime in, I’d like to see if there’s something we can do today to help. Have you considered making multiple templates?

For example, you can have one packing slip template with the message “Your order has shipped” and another packing slip template with the message “Your tracking number is…”. Then you can apply this template to multiple orders at once with bulk actions or apply it individually from the order details window.

4. Have Shipstation import "Bill-to" data (name, address, etc)

Have Shipstation import "Bill-to" data from WooCommerce so that the packing slip can display the name of the person placing the order, in case they differ from the recipient. Would be useful for gifts, interdepartmental ordering, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! Currently, it is possible to use the bill to name as a packing slip field replacement for orders. That field replacement is: [Buyer Name]
    For WooCommerce, we receive Bill To Name, email, company, and phone number. But, only the Buyer name is an available field replacement for packing slips and emails.

Since we are a shipping software, we only import the shipping addresses from the selling channel.

5. Shopify SMS FB Messenger Support

With Shopify rolling out order updates via SMS and FB Messenger, any plans to support these features?

We're currently using ShipStation's Order Shipped email simply because the tracking page it provides is better than Shopify's. In turn, customers who subscribed to be notified via SMS and FB Messenger do not get any messages when their order ships out because ShipStation is basically disabling the trigger on Shopify's side when it fulfills the order and update Shopify. This is what we found out after talking to both ShipStation and Shopify support.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @EmazingDot, thanks for taking the time to bring this up! This isn’t currently on our immediate radar, but we’d like to hear from other folks to help get the ball rolling.

If anyone is interested, please vote and add your thoughts here in the forum!

6. Notifications - email and sms by customer choice

We have a Shopify Store. Would like the 2 shipping notifictions from Ship Station really come from Shopfiy after the tracking number has been migrated over. This would:
    1. allow our customers to choose how they'd like to be notified, email or sms. 2. manage all notifications in one place. 3. design all notifications to look alike.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Delete a customer

I can't believe you won't provide a simple method of DELETING a customer record from the database. I have DEAD customers "cluttering up" (SORRY, but it's true !) my customer records !!!!
    How tough can this be !!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to manually push an email

Ability to manually push emails and chose the template. For example if something is taking extra long to ship I may want to select those 4 orders orders and send an email telling them sorry but it is taking longer than expected..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Drop-down menu for customized customer notification emails

Hi there,

We ship orders to our customers, but also allow local customers to select "In-Store Pickup" if they don't want to have their order shipped. Shipstation only allows one email notification template to be sent to all of our customers, which creates confusion when someone who has selected "In-Store Pickup" receives a notification saying that their order has been shipped.
    Is it possible to create a drop-down menu that allows businesses to select which notification email they'd like to send to their customers in this case?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Heather! Thank you for bringing this up. To send your customer a different email template, you can select a different email template from the order details window. For a visual, please refer to method #3 in this article: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205901188

For your pick up orders, I recommend making a new email template with the appropriate ready for pick up (or confirmation of pick up) message so you can manually change this on your pick up orders.

If you know beforehand which orders will need to be picked up, you can use automation rules to apply this new email template as well.

Please let us know here in the Product Feedback forum if you have more questions on this.

10. ShipStation automatically emails a Delivery Exception notification

It would be great for ShipStation to send an email whenever the status of an open shipment changes to "Delivery Exception" or another undeliverable status. This would eliminate the need to manually check the delivery status or retroactively dealing with an upset customer contacting us because an order hasn't shown up. It would also allow the customer see immediately that there is an issue with shipment and perhaps troubleshoot it on his/her own. Our packages are also time sensitive so figuring out why a package can't be delivered as fast as possible would be helpful!

This would be a HUGE…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Chat feature between users

ShipStation is ideal for many things, but I'd love to be able to have a chat feature between users. If the warehouse has any questions about an order they could chat with customer service, then the transcript could be placed in each order as well. For instance, something is a rush, then could tell the warehouse that.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Manage Customer through API (Create, edit, delete)

Able to create, edit, and delete customer through ShipSation API.

This will allow users to integrate their own custom system with ShipStation to manage their customers rather than having to do it in two places.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create "Verify address" button to notify customer to update their invalid addresses.

I think it will save me lots of time to not manually asking customers to update their shipping address because when shipstation systems shows that their address is invalid.

I need to manually send them an email and ask them to update their address. This takes time and customers orders sometimes is held longer because of that.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. new zealand

Add address validation for new Zealand with DHL, I believe DHL already offer it within the API it just needs to be utilized.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow sending Shipment Notifications to multiple email addresses

We have many many clients who want shipping notifications sent to multiple people in their organizations. Or, with some clients, we want a notification sent to both us and them.

ShipStation currently allows on email address, despite the fact that the email address field can contain at least 757 characters (I didn't feel the need to check for more than that).

All of the email systems I'm familiar with allow for multiple email addresses to be listed by using a separator, usually a comma or a semi-colon, to distinguish between unique email addresses, like this:
    "name1@company.com;name2@company.com;…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Link to Big Commerce Order

BigCommerce's native "Shipped" email includes a link to the customer's order online. Can ShipStation's "Shipped" email notification include this link as well? Then we don't have to use BC's emails at all and send a single email instead of 2.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Mary! Thanks for bringing this up. While we wait for more users to chime in here, can you tell us more about these two emails your users are receiving? What type of information is included in each email?

17. carrier shipping charges

Allow carrier shipping charges to be included in Shipment Notification emails. Very important feature for companies that provide drop-shipments.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. return

Currently when we create a manual return for a customer, it defaults to our default shipping address. However we would like it to go to a different one as it should be attentioned to a different department.

It would be smart when we create a return that it automatically defaults to that shipping address.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Voided Shipment Emails/ Updated Tracking relayed to customer.

I would like to have the ability to set up ShipStation to generate an email that gets sent to my customers when shipments are voided.

As it is, if a change needs to be made to a shipment due to incorrect "ship from" addresses, 3rd party shipping account info, or any number of possible scenarios that are most often due to inconsistent automation rules, no information is relayed to the customer that a shipment has been voided.

If I can set up a shipment confirmation email, why can't I set up a voided shipment email?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Buyer company name

Include the Buyer company name on the email template fields. Currently, the only buyer field that Shipstation holds onto would be the buyer name. I can include the buyer name on the shipment notification but you do not currently have a way to include a field replacement for the buyer company name on the email. This would be helpful for our internal email notifications, so at a glance we can see which customer an order belongs to.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base