Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ShipStation automatically emails a Delivery Exception notification

It would be great for ShipStation to send an email whenever the status of an open shipment changes to "Delivery Exception" or another undeliverable status. This would eliminate the need to manually check the delivery status or retroactively dealing with an upset customer contacting us because an order hasn't shown up. It would also allow the customer see immediately that there is an issue with shipment and perhaps troubleshoot it on his/her own. Our packages are also time sensitive so figuring out why a package can't be delivered as fast as possible would be helpful!

This would be a HUGE…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chat feature between users

ShipStation is ideal for many things, but I'd love to be able to have a chat feature between users. If the warehouse has any questions about an order they could chat with customer service, then the transcript could be placed in each order as well. For instance, something is a rush, then could tell the warehouse that.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Manage Customer through API (Create, edit, delete)

Able to create, edit, and delete customer through ShipSation API.

This will allow users to integrate their own custom system with ShipStation to manage their customers rather than having to do it in two places.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create "Verify address" button to notify customer to update their invalid addresses.

I think it will save me lots of time to not manually asking customers to update their shipping address because when shipstation systems shows that their address is invalid.

I need to manually send them an email and ask them to update their address. This takes time and customers orders sometimes is held longer because of that.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. new zealand

Add address validation for new Zealand with DHL, I believe DHL already offer it within the API it just needs to be utilized.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow sending Shipment Notifications to multiple email addresses

We have many many clients who want shipping notifications sent to multiple people in their organizations. Or, with some clients, we want a notification sent to both us and them.

ShipStation currently allows on email address, despite the fact that the email address field can contain at least 757 characters (I didn't feel the need to check for more than that).

All of the email systems I'm familiar with allow for multiple email addresses to be listed by using a separator, usually a comma or a semi-colon, to distinguish between unique email addresses, like this:
    "name1@company.com;name2@company.com;…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bug in the Branded Returns expiration date on the return window

When a customer is past the window to return their product the display message states they're return window expired on "X" date.

Unfortunately, it's displaying the day after their purchase date (purchase date + 1) instead of using their (purchase date + number is days in the return window)

This confused customers and causes them to think our return window is only 1 day instead of what we have set it to in the system.

The two attached screenshots are showing that the return window expired and it's displaying a date of one day after their purchase date when in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @taftfulfillment! Thanks for bringing this up. I see the ticket you’ve made with our folks here and our dev team is taking a look at it. For more updates on this particular issue, please check in with your ticket.

8. Link to Big Commerce Order

BigCommerce's native "Shipped" email includes a link to the customer's order online. Can ShipStation's "Shipped" email notification include this link as well? Then we don't have to use BC's emails at all and send a single email instead of 2.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Mary! Thanks for bringing this up. While we wait for more users to chime in here, can you tell us more about these two emails your users are receiving? What type of information is included in each email?

9. carrier shipping charges

Allow carrier shipping charges to be included in Shipment Notification emails. Very important feature for companies that provide drop-shipments.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. return

Currently when we create a manual return for a customer, it defaults to our default shipping address. However we would like it to go to a different one as it should be attentioned to a different department.

It would be smart when we create a return that it automatically defaults to that shipping address.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Voided Shipment Emails/ Updated Tracking relayed to customer.

I would like to have the ability to set up ShipStation to generate an email that gets sent to my customers when shipments are voided.

As it is, if a change needs to be made to a shipment due to incorrect "ship from" addresses, 3rd party shipping account info, or any number of possible scenarios that are most often due to inconsistent automation rules, no information is relayed to the customer that a shipment has been voided.

If I can set up a shipment confirmation email, why can't I set up a voided shipment email?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. number of boxes

It would be very helpful for the shipment notification email that is sent to customers to include the total number of boxes/packages in the shipment. I have had several situations where the customers have to pick up from a UPS access point and they only pick up the one package with the master tracking and not realize there are multiple.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback!

For now, a good way to do this would be to customize your shipment notification email template to include something for your customer letting them know their shipment may be in multiple packages.

This is still a feasible idea. We’ll keep under our radar, thanks again!

13. Buyer company name

Include the Buyer company name on the email template fields. Currently, the only buyer field that Shipstation holds onto would be the buyer name. I can include the buyer name on the shipment notification but you do not currently have a way to include a field replacement for the buyer company name on the email. This would be helpful for our internal email notifications, so at a glance we can see which customer an order belongs to.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Internal Notes disappear and shouldn't

Internal notes are an integral way of communicating between the warehouse/shipping & the office.

It's efficient (I get that SS syncs w/ my e-commerce platform -- but SS is WAY more efficient in communicating shipping info.)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Send a tracking number for replacements

Sometimes we have to send the customer a replacement item or if the package was returned back to us, we need to send it again to the customer.
    We need Shipstation to send an automatic tracking number to the customer if a new label was created for the order.

Thank you

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option to require 3rd Party billing on Return Labels

The Branded Returns Page is a wonderful idea, however 99% of our returns are because of customer error. In these instances we do not offer to pay for shipping the return to us. Without the ability for us to ask for a 3rd party billing account on the return label we would have to figure our the cost and charge them on a new invoice which is a bit of a hassle.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New Customer entries should not need to be imported via a .CSV to be in Customer list

I am a MAC and iCloud user. I don't use CSV files. The customer section should be as simple as an address book in your smartphone. To add a customer should be liked adding a contact. Why in the world do I need to create a .CSV file to add an address for a company I ship to very often. Its an Amazon FBA warehouse. Amazon.com FBA sites do not stay in customer list after you ship to them like other customers do

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Copy to Clipboard Function Need to be Added to Website like in Mobile App

Can you add a function to the website similar to how you have it on the mobile app that you can click to add tracking info to your clipboard. I sometimes use Facebook messenger or text on my iMac to send tracking and having to highlight it and hit copy then paste slows it down. I like that feature you added to the mobile app

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Nicholas! Thanks for posting your idea! I’m glad to hear you find ShipStation Mobile to be helpful! Before moving forward, we’ll wait to hear from other users on this one.

In the meantime, to copy text quickly, I personally right click on links and then click on “copy”. I know this isn’t the one click solution you were looking for but it helps with precision so you don’t have to click and drag your cursor to highlight the entire row.

19. Automation email to customer awaiting payment for more than a few days

There are many automation rules, but currently, there is nothing that allows you to automatically have an email sent out to a customer if their order is sitting in the "awaiting payment" status for let's say over 2 days. For example, I have some ebay buyers that have placed an order, and haven't paid in over 2 days. I need to select "amount paid" on the shipstation dropdown, which I don't think maps to the same thing as "total paid," which is what shows up in shipstation. Regardless, if I do this in filters, the filters appear to catch it,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Customer details export feature under the Customer tab

Add export Customer details (name, add, phone, company, city, state, zip ...etc.) so that customer information can be exported into a CSV file. Currently you can only import customer information and not export. The import feature is already there - add export feature

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! From the Customers tab there is only the option to import, but you can always export customer data for any date range from the raw data exports field under Insights > Reports. Does that contain the customer information you’re looking for?

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base