Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Return Policy

The Returns Policy Section of the branded returns page only allows a 500 character limit. I'd like to either be able to increase the limit of the characters or put in a link address to be used instead of the Modal pop-up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add SQL HTML customize option for email templates

When we receive a new order there is an email generated - which allows very generic customization.
    There is NO way to customize these automatic emails so we can generate an order processing template. Simply being able to do "SKU" and "QTY" would be fantastic but this bar line with product name is in there and you can't do the most basic of SQL coding which is possible with the packing slips.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Branded Returns Page should have Language as a configurable option

We are a Canadian business, and our webstore is available in both official Canadian languages: English and French. Your Returns Page, however, is only available in English. This will certainly cause some frustration for our francophone customers who prefer being served in their mother tongue.

There are two ways to do this:
    1. When the Returns Page is created in each Store within ShipStation, language should be an option.
    2. Language can be customized using code at the end of the URL. Google Forms does this for French by adding "?hl=fr" at the end of the URL.

Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. bbc only on delivery notifications

Have the ability to BBC your self on Delivery notifications ONLY.
    Currently when you BCC your self you will get the shipping notification and the delivery notification. That adds too many unnecessary emails since we already know when we shipped the order so we don't need to get that email. I would like to be notified when the package was delivered with out receiving the shipping notifications.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. unicode customer information

Please provide Unicode support for Customer Information tab. Our Chinese orders look good as "Orders", but when the order Customer Name and Shipping Address become "Customers", the Unicode characters are not printed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Edit and Delete Customers

We need to be able to edit or delete customers from the database without having to upload a csv file. Below are a couple examples for when this would be helpful. I'm sure others here will agree that some simple database management would be greatly appreciated.

I recently had to correct a type-o in a customer record and the process is just unreasonable. Download an example .csv file, add ALL the customer information (not just what needs changing) upload the file, and finally make sure that the original profile was correctly overwritten. It should be as simple as hitting an…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. feedback button

it would be an idea to create a "Leave Feedback" on each page, similar to Google. That gives context.

also, it was not easy finding this Fresh Ideas page...needed to leave SS and do Google search. Making it easier to find in platform would be groovy.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a "New Order" button in the customer information in the sidebar

Make it possible to quickly create a new order to an existing customer from the sidebar in the orders tab. Searching the customer, or clicking the existing "New Order" button in the top navigation forces you away from the Orders tab, which is where we do the majority of our work in ShipStation. Having the ability to create a new order with a the click of a button using the existing customer information seems to be a feature that should be there, but isn't for some reason.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Lifetime Order Count

This was actually mentioned a while ago, but didn't seem to gain a lot of traction. It would be incredibly valuable for our business to have a lifetime order total field in shipstation for automation. Given the current set-up, a user cannot automatically trigger different applications for different lifetime order counts.

And as you're already tracking the orders (when you click on a customer), it would just be adding a sum count function as a column and would allow businesses to create longitudinal customer solutions which trigger as they continue to order. As is we will have to do this…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. reference

Allow to put reference numbers on NON-Order Labels.

This will allow sending a label or return label and reference your own order numbers, and not shipstations auto-generated RMA, which is sort of useless.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2nd email Field

It would be helpful to have a field for a secondary email. This way the tracking info could be emailed to the customer and to the sales rep. I am already BCC'd on orders so this would be separate from that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. returns

I would like to see an option for customers to get an additional email notification once a return/exchange has been processed so they receive the tracking for their item. We received several emails per week from customers asking where their exchange is in the process and what the tracking number is for their processed package coming back out to them. Currently we are forced to manually retrieve this information and respond to their request.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

13. Automated emails, be able to do just the SKU or eliminate descriptions

Whenever we receive an item that has to be shipped from a different warehouse, we need to populate an email that we can auto send. It just needs the customer information, the SKU and QTY. However, there is no way to do just the SKU. you can do the entire order with description, and there is no way to eliminate the description. We need a simpler way to populate emails for certain items that don't ship out from here - just the SKU and QTY and I don't understand why we can't do it for an email because it can…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Billing Address Mapping to Connex

Hello,
    Currently, when importing orders from Shipstation to Connex and then Connex to our Quickbooks. Connex maps the shipping address of the customer to the billing address as well. However, in our Quickbooks we have our on billing address that we would like to use.

I would like to request a feature that would allow me to input my business address as the billing address so when orders are imported Connex maps that billing address into our sales orders and not the customers.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. desk.com

Desk.com and Hubspot

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Christine

Thank you for bringing this up! To understand this better, can you tell us more about how you use Desk.com and Hubspot? Would you need to integrate both platforms with ShipStation?

16. Patreon

I deliver products every month using the website "Patreon". It's a monthly subscription, that my followers pay to me to support my business. In return, I send them prints both monthly and every 6 months. Having shipstation connected to it, would be absolutel amazing!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up this great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to Patreon and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

(Also, congratulations on your artistic success!)

17. edit customer profiles

I'd like to be able to edit customers profiles directly in shipstation as well as combining duplicate profiles while still maintaining the ability to edit contact info. Not just by doing a CSV upload.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Delivery Time - Add as a column in custom e-mails

This would be a very useful feature as we can actually notify our clients when their orders are expected to be delivered to them. Can you please add this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In the customer's tab, it would be nice to have the most recent order shown at the top of the list for all John Smith's as an example.

For example we have hundreds of John Smith's in our customer tab. When you search John Smith, the top of the list is the first John Smith customer ever created. We want it to show the John Smith who has ordered most recently. There is an "arrow" which should work to sort (flip) it, but apparently does not work, at least on our system.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. edit customer data

A simple "edit" button for customers. I would love to be able to edit names and addresses, etc for mistakes without having to do the CSV import trick.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base