Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Track inventory of shipping materials (boxes, envelopes, etc.)

It would be infinitely beneficial to have the ability to track the inventory of shipping materials used. We are using a combination of envelopes, USPS flat rate envelopes, and corrugated boxes of various sizes.

If we could add these materials in the same way that we add products and inventory and then deduct each time one is shipped I could manage our stock much easier. I'm 1500 miles away from our warehouse so it's time-consuming for our employees to have to count stock and update me all the time.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. FedEx International Direct Distribution

We would like you to add FedEx International Direct Distribution as one of your shipping integrations. This would create individual labels and require a consolidated shipment and commercial invoice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Operations dashboard

The change to the operations tab under insights is a step backwards. Useful information was replaced with nothing. It used to have above the main bar graph the following 3 data points: # of Orders shipped, Shipping Revenue and Shipping cost. In my account, this has been replaced with Stamps.com, Endicia and Shipsurance. There isn't even account balances so it is a wast of space. Here is a screenshot:

https://gyazo.com/3083c4b03dfdf27920d874f1f6f88b1d

The mobile app still has the # of Orders shipped, Shipping Revenue and Shipping cost data points.

It is unfortunate that I have to use a vote to point this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We’ve actually got our product and development team working on a fix for this as we speak.

We’ll put this under review and give you an update when its fixed.

4. Add Canpar Courier for Canada Shipments

Canpar has great rates even without a long shipment history and would be a great asset to add to ShipStation.

https://www.canpar.com/en/home.jsp

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Split Orders on Mobile App

Replicate same functionality of being able to split up orders in the mobile app, so it mimics the same in desktop mode. For example, if you have products that are stocked in various warehouses, and a customer orders, and it includes say 3 different items stocked in 3 different warehouses, we should be able to, from the mobile app, split up the orders, create 3 different labels from each respective warehouse, and ship the goods. Currently, we have to run to a desktop to do that type of work, and it takes way too much time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Branded returns

The instructions for returning items (customer's view);
    Step 1
    Print out the packing slip and return label.
    ** The customer is only able to print the label. The packing slip does not print.

I love the new branded returns page but I cannot use it yet as there are still some kinks to it.

I also would like to see more customization options as other customers have requested:
    1. Allow us to modify and change reasons for return
    2. When reason of return is "other" or "exchange" have notes field for customer to enterd details of return
    3. Ability to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add "requested shipping service" to manual order input screen

The manual order input screen needs to be more complete. You should be able to enter requested shipping service, for instance, when inputting a manual order. Imagine a customer service or sales agent taking an order over the phone....they should be able to put ALL relevant information in when the order is created (including tags, notes, etc). I know this seems like a small change, but saving a couple clicks can be very important when a customer is on the phone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sync Etsy Private Notes with Shipstation Internal Notes

We often need to make notes regarding an Etsy order. It would be nice if the private notes section of the Etsy order was automatically synced with the Internal Notes section in Shipstation.

Since all communication with the customers is done on Etsy, when a small changes or note is needed we then need to log into shipstation and add it in Internal notes. It would be much quicker if we could simply add once on the page we are already on and let it sync over to SS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. branded return portal - one fatal flaw

A branded, customer facing return portal is a fantastic idea, but it has one fatal flaw:

Please allow certain items to be tagged as "not eligible for return". We have final sale items in our inventory that we would not want to give customers the option to return.

Thank you.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Uniquely identify inventory by product name rather than sku.

Currently when I try to import my products into the inventory section it will only import one product if multiple items share the same sku. You can set it up so that the product page uniquely identifies each item by listing name, but for the inventory you can not. We use the sku mostly as a way to locate the item, not to uniquely identify it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Shipment API Sort By orderId

Please add orderId to the sortBy field for the /shipments API endpoint. Currently it only has create and ship dates.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to add Service and package

Is it possible to provide an option to select the Service and Package at the order entry page? This feature can be optional.

If provided, it will help set 3rd party shipping accounts using accounts using the automation rules at the time of order creation instead of reprocessing automation rules.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Arvind, thanks for bringing this up! Reprocessing automation rules shouldn’t be apart of your typical workflow. If you have an automation rule to apply a service and package type, or to bill to another party, they should apply right after you create the order.

If you’re not finding this to be true, can you chat in with us or shoot an email to support@shipstation.com ?

13. Provide option to add package dimensions and weights at variant level

We have setup each SKU as 1-pack, 2-pack and 12-packs variants. We also have a package defined for the 12-pack. It would be conveinent to define the dimensions of the package and weight at the 12-pack variant level. At the time of order creation, as we add many 12-pack variants across SKUs, it should add multiple 12 pack packages to the order. Right now there is way either to process this using an automation rule or product / shipping presets to quickly process orders. This is possible only through a manual entry. Imagine an order with 12 SKUs with varying…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Brand Return Portal

The branded return portal is awesome! I would love to use the feature but cannot based on the return service and package type default. There should be an option to select the original service and package type used on the order.

For example, if I use USPS for my default return and a customer has a big heavy item, I tested this on an order by the way, it will cost $90.00 for USPS vs. $40.00 for UPS. If I use UPS for my default service and it's a small light item, it will cost $9.40 vs. $2.80 for First…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make the RMA number auto fill to be the order number.

Make it possible for the RMA number to be auto filled to be the order number instead of a randomly generated number when creating a return. This would make it easier for returns to be found in the order system when the are received.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Branded Returns

Love the branded returns page, however we'd like to have the option to customize more to our liking.

1. Allow us to modify and change reasons for return
    2. When reason of return is "Other" have a notes field for customer to enter details of return
    3. Ability to disable certain products from being allowed to be returned

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @JoshMoulton, thanks for bringing this up! We’ll take your feedback into consideration for the next iteration of returns. Have you looked into using the return notes to capture what information you’re tracking for your “Other” returns?

17. barcode

Scan barcode to print shipping label

This is a production line workflow.

We create our shipments via your API ahead of time. So on a given Monday we might have 1,000 shipments already set up that are shipping throughout the week.

This is what we want to do:
    - Create a barcode associated with each shipping label
    - We print barcodes and place on each box on our production line
    - Person scans barcode which automatically finds its matching shipping label and automatically prints the shipping label

It's critical that no clicking or keyboard shortcuts would be required. We need…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Mike! Thanks for your feedback. Based on your workflow here, one thing that we would recommend you try is enabling QuickShip, that way you could scan an order to be be able to pull that order up easily, and then you would have the ability to create labels without the click of a mouse.

You can refer to these help articles below that go into more detail on this and how it can help to speed up your process regarding bar code scanning and creating labels:

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/221037547-How-can-I-create-a-label-for-an-order-without-ever-clicking-my-mouse-

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/221068147

18. Buyer company name

Include the Buyer company name on the email template fields. Currently, the only buyer field that Shipstation holds onto would be the buyer name. I can include the buyer name on the shipment notification but you do not currently have a way to include a field replacement for the buyer company name on the email. This would be helpful for our internal email notifications, so at a glance we can see which customer an order belongs to.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. bestbuy.ca marketplace

Shipstation has bestbuy.com but no bestbuy.ca integration. Can this be a quick implentation since your USA bestbuy.com store should not differ much to bestbuy.ca platform.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Don't limit to 5 views

We'd like to be able to have more than 5 views. 10 would be a big improvement, although even higher might be useful. We're currently using views to sort some orders that have certain situations out by Store, so having only 5 for all stores is pretty constricting for us.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base