Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please let me Export Order Line Items from within an Active Batch

We use Batches to organize orders before processing. Many times we need to contact customers before processing. All the customers we want to contact have been organized in a Batch. The most efficient way we contact multiple customers is via a mail merge, which requires a .csv (or Excel) file containing the customer and order details. Without being able to Export Order Line Items from within an Active Batch, I am left with no option but to contact each customer one at a time--a very lengthy and tedious process that ideally my company can avoid.

Who else would LOVE this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Run Automation on Single Order

Would be great if we could just run automation on just single orders, or select which orders to run it on. Since there is a lag with shipstation kicking in and running automation, this would be a very helpful work around.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please add support for the Stamps.com P2 2.25" x 7.5" thermal printer!!!!!!!!

Please add support for the Stamps.com P2 2.25" x 7.5" thermal printer!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

4. Failure Notifications on Marketplace

Receiving email notifications that marketplace notifications have failed would be a great enhancement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. logging of order manipulations

every time you split, or combine an order, I would lOVE to have that logged. (i.e. ... wed sept 12 4pm EST you split order 2178345 Fred Jones (customer name) into 2 orders(with new order numbers).... AND wed sept 12 4pm EST you combined order 2348355 Fred Jones with order 2358349 Fred Jones to make new order number xxxxxxxx. This would help tremendously catching any errors, such as when you mistakenly combine 2 orders from different customers by mistake, etc..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Upload Signature File for Customs Documents

I suggest a feature to upload my own signature file for customs forms.

As many others over the years have requested the same same feature...
    -http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/126593-idea-archive/suggestions/6543650-bug-customs-signature-wrong
    -http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/126593-idea-archive/suggestions/6010076-upload-signature-for-customs-forms
    -http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/126593-idea-archive/suggestions/6277525-sender-s-signature-usps-priority-international
    -http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/126593-idea-archive/suggestions/3347297-ability-to-include-saved-signature-on-commercial-i
    ...I know I am not alone.

I find it interesting that in each of the previous posts, all had one response, all with identical text-in-a-can, and all posted on the same day. Those four identical responses were also made from 11 months to three years after the post's creation. Three years is pretty abysmal customer relations.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Permanent Customer Tags!!

Permanent Customer Tags!!

It would be very beneficial to have the ability to tag an order within the "orders" tab for a customer and have the option to save that tag to the customer’s record going forward.

For example:
    John Doe ordered from you in the beginning of the year. John then placed another order 3 months later. So you tag John in the orders tab as something like…. Returning Customer, Free Gift, or what every you want. Well low and behold the only way the tag will stick to every upcoming order is that you would have to search…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. flip the labels on mac

For mac users there should be an auto detection so we can flip the labels or have an option set to click and it would print upside down instead. if you use provided labels by UPS to print it has the little text on the bottom that is preprinted. Also please change the printer software to ZPL for customers..has more managed support

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. remove coupon code from packing slip

I wish there was an option to remove the coupon code from my packing slips. Currently, when customers use a coupon code, it shows up as an "item" on the packing slip. However, the majority of my orders are given as gifts...they prefer for the recipient not to know that they used a coupon code, but there is no option to remove this on ShipStation packing slips.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. API: Ship from Location on Product

It would be great to set the Ship from Location, or at least view what was set, on the Product level in the API.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. new carrier intergration dpd

is there any chance you can add dpd as a carrier thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. select a different box option when creating a return label

When generating return labels, it would be great to be able to select from different packaging options instead of automatically selecting the box type that the original order was sent in. In many cases our customers will only return part of their original order for an exchange (different size) and will send it back to us in a smaller box which would allow us to purchase a less expensive label. This is actually a feature that Shippo offers that saved us a lot of money. We love the feature of being able to directly email our customers the return labels…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make Multi-Box Shipment Information Visible in API

As I understand it the information available in the ShipStation API does not distinguish between single-box and multi-box shipments. We need visibility in the API as to (1) how many boxes are in a shipment, (2) what products are in what box, and (3) the tracking number of each box. This information is essential for generating an EDI 856 (advance ship notice) document.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. criteria to measure girth, so we can avoid overcharges from FedEx

Would like to avoid paying oversize surcharges from FedEx - I feel your software could accommodate this if you added more criteria in the automation rules. I see there are 47 different criteria ranging from # of Items to Warehouse Location. Why not add 1 more?

I think you should allow us to pick Girth.

A FedEx Account Executive emailed this me today. "If any one side is greater than 48", it will be assessed an additional handling surcharge of $11. An oversize surcharge of $72.50 would be applied if length plus girth exceeds 130"."

$72.50 for an oversized package!?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. order summary picture

Can we have the option to increase the size of the picture on the order summary.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. looking to see if you can put the message label printed on the label for services of surepost and mail innovations. shipworks does it

looking to see if you can put the message label printed on the label for services of surepost and mail innovations. shipworks does it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. MAKE RETURNS SEPARATE ORDERS!!!!

need to be able to view returns, be able to "receive them" etc. right now they are just kind of limbo associated with the order but exissting nowhere else

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Batch order summary should be in the same order that the labels were created in the batch.

Currently, the batch will print out in the order in which we added the items to the batch. This is good, as we need to do them in a certain order for optimum efficiency. However, the order summary report that prints out with that batch comes up in a different order. There doesn't seem to be a way to make it so that the order summary report prints out in the same order as the batch labels and packing slips did.

This would be a huge improvement, particularly when it comes to training new employees. The supervisor could hand the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Delete Products (Not Only Deactivate Products)

I don't know if anybody else has this issue, but we have duplicates in our product list, which was incurred by wrongly associated them with one parent SKU while new orders coming in. So, would like to be able to delete products, not just deactivate them.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. separator

Our staff that actually pick and ship orders much prefer to use the Order Summaries as the primary document when processing an order. This is because it has the most necessary information and because they can usually fit multiple orders per printed page.

However, they point out that the Item Quantity is across the page from Item SKU, which makes it easy to get mixed between multiple line items, especially when working quickly.

Adding Line Item separators would solve them quite well. The lines could be dotted or a lighter grey if neccessary, to not confuse a line-item-separator with an…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base