Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Purolator + Special Characters

There is an issue with french characters (i.e. "é") and Purolator integration.

If an address has a french caracter i.e. Montréal, Shipstation is not able to get the rates. As soon as we manually correct to Montreal, it gives the rates. It's a lot of manual work for a silly detail..

On an other hand, we don't have this issue with Canada Post integration.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Download Packing Slips pdf in the order it was sorted

I do a lot of sorting and printing so that orders can be picked, before being sent to packing. The most efficient way to do this is to sort by, for instance, sku. If I'm printing 500 shirt orders to be picked, I can sort by sku to make sorting the packing slips with the product a lot easier. However, despite being sorted by sku in shipstation, the packing slip pdf is sorted as it usually is, instead of keeping all like products next to each other.
    Currently I have to print each sku at a time, to keep the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Also, keep in mind that the ordering of the packing slips (as in from one packing slip to the next) is based on the settings you have set up on the Order Labels By section in printing setup.

3. Move everything in current view to a batch

There's a lot of sorting that I have to do to several thousand orders every day, and I do it all through batches. However, I can only add the 500 orders I can see to a batch. If I had the option to add everything in the current view, or perhaps as a "Bulk Action", to a batch, it would save me from having to scroll through 45 pages, adding each set of 500 orders to a new batch.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add the same detail to the Shipping services as the Standalone product detail shipping tab

Combine or at least make the Shipping Services information the same as the Standalone Product Detail shipping tab.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Phone support!!!

Phone support would be amazing and way more helpful. Everyone I have talked to on chat is very helpful and nice, but it takes SO much time to just describe the problem and get someone to understand, it's semi ridiculous. Talking over the phone is 10xs more efficient.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Customer Data Export that actually includes all data

The customer raw data report leaves out marketplace, and marketplace username (as can be viewed from the customer section in ShipStation). There is no other way to export data, so there's no possible way to get customer data from ShipStation that actually includes all the data shown in the Customer tab.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add shipping method to pick sheet

add shipping method to pick sheet

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automation Rules for Sending Emails to Customer Service After Order is Tagged

I was having difficulty setting up an automation rule to send customer service an email after an order has been tagged 'out of stock'. The reason I was advised this does not work is that Automation Rules involving sending emails will only do so at the time of import. So if the tag is being applied after the order is imported into ShipStation, it will not send the email. This would greatly streamline many sellers workflow with different order tags triggering customer service tickets for better tracking of issues.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. oneup.com

I'd love to see integration with this cloud-based accounting and inventory software. It integrates with Square and WooCommerce, and having ShipStation integration would really complete the picture for users like me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. commercial invoice

Would there be a way to add the option to export the customs declaration information for a particular order to csv. Sometimes we need to use a freight forwarder and therefore arent able to utilize the formal commercial invoice from Shipstation (as this is created by the carrier)...it would be great to not have to recreate all the info that we've already entered into Shipstation once.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add shipping method to pick sheet

It would really help our shipping department if you could add the shipping method to the pick sheet.

This is nice for our department so that they can just see on the pick sheet if it is will call or has special shipping details.

Every time we have a will call order it does not scan and it has them believe there is a greater issue, but if it was simply added to the pick sheet they would know before they scanned.

They are not the most technical people so when we put a rule to flag it on shipstation…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automation rule based on customer's phone number

We sell on Amazon (all of their marketplaces) and we learned that "customers" who do not provide phone number are either scammers or competitors: they pretend that they receive inauthentic/bad quality products, create cases with Amazon , get their money back and keep our products, and create huge problems for us. Our study shows that 99.9% of "no phone number" customers are trouble. All our troubles from customers without phone number, e.i. scammers. Therefore it would be great that we could create an automation rule that we receive a warning every time an order without phone number is placed. Right…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. adding a current inventory column on the orders tab

would love to see an added column on the orders tab to show current inventory stock. also if you have a connected WMS app thats pushing your inventory to shipstation

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support for Kitting, Bundling while tracking inventory of pieces

I have a portfolio where I sell systems that have parts (canisters, filters, fittings, documentation). I want to track the inventory of the pieces when people order the systems. Please add this functionality, then I can get rid of my archaic Microsoft Access based home spun solution!
    Thanks, Dave

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. REPORT to show Shipping cost per line item/SKU

in order to calculate the total cost of a product. It would be nice to have a report in ship station that had the shipping cost at a line item/sku level

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Batch Number on Labels and Pick slip option

2 options that we have been asking for and have never really heard back.

1- Customer label and packing slip option. as most of the seller online pick slip and matching label is always a issue sometimes which generally leads to mistake or mismatch label, meaning diff packing slip and diff label.
    we had asked shipstation long time ago to have option where we can have it all on one Page which will have Label and packing slip on one with Customer size of 4x6 label on page. Not the option they have currently which is half label page and…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. API error notification

If an order fails to import into ShipStation via the API we would like to receive a report or notification showing what order number(s) failed.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. reship

It would be convenient to get a report, or filter for orders that have multiple shipments. Sometimes it's difficult to find how many re-shipments we're doing to correct mistakes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. link to shopify order

I would like shopify orders in shipstation to link back to the shopify order on the admin backend. "Clicking the Order number"

This feature works for Ebay already. (see attached files)

Please make it work for Shopify.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. filter

Be able to filter duplicate orders by the same name or address instead of searching each person individually.

For instance go to awaiting shipment page then filter duplicate orders and showing all orders with the same name that are awaiting shipment in order to avoid dual shipping two separate orders to one customer and allowing it to be caught and combined into one shipment.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 67 68
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base