Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ability to assign users to particular warehouse

I would like to be able to assign multiple users to a specific warehouse and for those users to only be able to see orders assigned to their warehouse.

This would help with order management as multiple people could process orders and not be tied to one user account (useful for when people are on holiday), increases security as you wouldn't need to give some one your password when away and would limit sensitive data about how many orders are being fulfilled at each warehouse.

It also allows for more granular audit trails for errors and activity as multiple people…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Denis!

Currently, you can use the user restriction to only allow users to ship/see orders assigned to them.

Once this setting is made, you can then make an automation rule so that orders are assigned to users based on the ship from location for the order.

This rule would look like this: https://screencast.com/t/QITgenJA

If this does not suffice, let us know!

2. SMS or Email alert when a store sync fails

Hello,

It would be great if there was a way to be notified when a story sync fails beyond the web application its self. It always seems to happen at critical times, and that extra 5 or 10 minutes would be a big help for our IT operations to be notified.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lock Customer Address from Auto-Correct for All Customer's Future Orders

Could you consider adding a new feature that allows us to lock a specific customer's address from any changes initiated by the address validation system on any future orders? Right now we can lock specific orders but not the customer's whole profile. This is frustrating for us because ship station keeps incorrectly editing the address of one of our customers. She is a loyal customer and has shopped with us over 20 times but every single time she places a new order we need to manually change her address and re-lock it. If she places an order and doesn't also…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. importing orders with multiple options

Is there a way to import orders with multiple options? We have many orders we import for apparel items that have both size and colors as options, yet there is only one mappable option field for imports.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ShipStation app in BigCommerce Product Sync!

The "Products" tab of the Ship Station app in Big Commerce should have an additional button option that allows users to sync product changes made within BC to populate into SS. The button would be right next to: "Import | Export | Update" (the "Update" is my suggestion). This would trigger the same "product import" that occurs when a user initially sets up the SS app in BigCommerce. It would offer a warning to the user that all product data would be synched with the product data found in BC, updating all SKUs in ShipStation. I am surprised that this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. track changes to shipping service changes under Order Activity

Since all other monetary transactions are tracked under Order Activity, if someone changes shipping services, it would be helpful to have that tracked as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add 'Customs Declaration Quantity' to Bulk Update Feature

Right now you can bulk update customs declarations line items, which is great, but there is no way to update the quantity of the items. I use UPS Mail Innovations to ship international orders, and all customs declarations have to fit on one line. I am able to achieve this with the 'Default Customs Declarations' setting, but it does not resolve the orders that have more than one item.

Solution is simple. Just add the quantity for customs declarations to the bulk update feature that is available.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. may I suggest creating a way for the order to be found by putting the RMA number in the quick search? The RMA number seems to be dramaticall

May I suggest creating a way for a return order to be found by putting the RMA number in the quick search? The RMA number seems to be dramatically longer than the order numbers-shouldn't be confusing. Putting the RMA in the advanced search is a lot of clicks.....in a day otherwise full of clicks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to manually push an email

Ability to manually push emails and chose the template. For example if something is taking extra long to ship I may want to select those 4 orders orders and send an email telling them sorry but it is taking longer than expected..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A single User needs to be able to make more than 5 batches

Users should be able to create more than 5 batches. A single user can easily handle more than 5. We have one label printer who is responsible for up to 8 batches at a time, he has to use to user login accounts in order to have more than 5 batches going. Using two separate logins merely to create more than 5 batches was the work around suggested by support. There's gotta be a better way.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unable To Print Multiple Package Order Labels Under New Updates

We have many orders that require multiple packages to be sent for the same order. We used to be able to highlight the labels and print all labels for the order right from the order screen. Now we have to create the labels, then leave the order, go to the shipments screen, and find each label and select them then print the labels. It was a great function for B2B business that do volume, now it's gone and utterly inconvenient and opens up our processes to mistakes...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! Members of our product team that are involved with these order details redesigns have requested direct feedback from you and other users. If you would like to, feel free to email our product team at feedback-orderdetails@shipstation.com with your most precise feedback, criticism, and impact to workflow caused by these recent order detail changes.

12. Export Batch as CSV

Customers can export pick lists as a pdf in a batch, but then they can't export them as CSVs which severely limits our ability to sort them. If we had the ability to sort our batches it would save us a ton of time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Inventory Support for Virtual Bundles

We have a few websites that sell products to wholesalers. For example we will sell a case of a single SKU. Each case has 12 units. It would be nice if SS could allow us to setup virtual bundles that deducted multiple units of a single SKU.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. box dimensions keep going to zero

When I'm trying to enter in the box dimensions, it keeps trying to update the price of the selected service, and kicks the number I just entered back to zero. I used to be able to enter the 3 dimensions quickly by hitting tab in-between, and now I have to pause a few seconds before I can enter in the next field. This is a real pain when I am shipping multiple orders quickly

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change New Order Format

The new update on the order page has a large grey space under "Order Items" and above "Order Notes". This makes it more difficult to read notes at the bottom of the order.

In the shipment box, when adding package size, the second and third numbers clear to a "0", even when another number is initially entered.

ShipStation Connect was not allowing us to select a printer until we cleared our browser history.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone! Members of our product team that are involved with these order details redesigns have requested direct feedback from you and other users. If you would like to, feel free to email our product team at feedback-orderdetails@shipstation.com with your most precise feedback, criticism, and impact to workflow caused by these recent order detail changes.

16. Order Notes (Custom Field 3) in new view is far too below, need to scroll down every order in order to view it

ShipStation is using a new view today 10/9/2017, but the "Order Notes" (Customer, To Buyer, Internal, Gift, Custom Field 1, 2 & 3) is too far below the order items.
    In the old view, when we clicked into an order, we don't have to scroll down and can already see the Custom Field 3. Now we have to scroll down every order to check all Order Notes.
    Can ShipStation move the Order Notes back up?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Weight on shipped orders

Please show weight on all shipped orders!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. Multiple Sku Orders

It would be extremely beneficial to show the multiple sku's rather than just say "multiple items". There is no simple way to process orders that have all the same items but contain more than one kind of sku. There could at the very least be a way to group alike multiple sku orders together.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For packing slip customization, is it possible to map Delivery Time (time in transit) onto the packing slip itself for printing?

For packing slip customization, is it possible to map Delivery Time (time in transit) onto the packing slip itself for printing? For example, USPS Priority Mail has a 1-Day, 2-Day, and 3-Day ship. ShipStation could draw this information from the Stamps.com API or FedEx API to provide transit time to warehouse personnel who are viewing the 8.5" x 11" packing slip.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @John, thanks for bringing up delivery time on your packing slips! We would like to see interest from other users on this before moving forward. In the meantime, there may be other fields that could help like [Requested Shipping Service] or, if you would like to enter this data in yourself, you may want to look into [Custom Field 1].

20. Etsy gift wrap/gift message integration

Etsy is getting ready to integrate gift wrapping and gift messages into their sales platform. I'm hoping there will be an alert for each order containing this information within ShipStation once it goes into effect. Gift messages are going to be made available to all orders at no charge, so every Etsy seller will have to deal with them whether they want to or not, and I am concerned I'll get a gift message request and not know about it.

Ideally, I would also like to see a way to print ONLY gift message packing slips and not every packing…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base