Idea Archive

In order to highlight the most recent and active ideas, we are now using Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas! Please submit all of your feedback and ideas there!

All users will continue to have access to this forum through the bottom righthand navigation menu; please feel free to comment here to bring our attention back to an idea so we can revisit it.

1. order total

It would be very valuable to be able to have the total value of Orders Awaiting Shipment at the bottom of the Orders page. Knowing the value of all pending shipments or even all shipped orders over a given time period would be awesome and seems kind of common sense for pulling useful data.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ve reviewed your idea and the overall user feedback and are closing your idea to give your votes back since there hasn’t been any activity here in awhile. This allows everyone to use their votes on other ideas. The input you gave is still on our radar and your insights are greatly appreciated.

2. Bug in the Branded Returns expiration date on the return window

When a customer is past the window to return their product the display message states they're return window expired on "X" date.

Unfortunately, it's displaying the day after their purchase date (purchase date + 1) instead of using their (purchase date + number is days in the return window)

This confused customers and causes them to think our return window is only 1 day instead of what we have set it to in the system.

The two attached screenshots are showing that the return window expired and it's displaying a date of one day after their purchase date when in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ve reviewed your idea and the overall user feedback and are closing your idea to give your votes back since there hasn’t been any activity here in awhile. This allows everyone to use their votes on other ideas. The input you gave is still on our radar and your insights are greatly appreciated.

3. Order Items Disappearing

When a shipment is made for an order and then that shipment is voided and another one is not made right away the order items disappear from the order. Please see the attached chat transcript for further details. Thank you!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    archived  ·  2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When I put each shipment in batch, is there a way I can put a order for each shipment so the label print out in the same order as I select t

My items are handmade, made to order, so they are not shipped immediately. Can the batch setup so the labels print out in the same order as I select them, this will help me locate the package faster.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ve reviewed your idea and the overall user feedback and are closing your idea to give your votes back since there hasn’t been any activity here in awhile. This allows everyone to use their votes on other ideas.

Please see our last comment for the previous recommendation. If you have other questions or comments on this, please chat in with our support team or submit a support request. The input you gave is still on our radar and your insights are greatly appreciated.

6. Creating Scan forms for a single user

It seems that restrictions don't apply when creating Scan forms. So if you have multiple users and you want to create a scan form, then they can all see how many shipments the other users are shipping. When you have a business like I do with a bunch of different suppliers that sell similar products, this is not a fact you want to be sharing among competitors.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7. Returns Portal for items not shipped via shipstation

We just swtiched over to shipstation and i have about 2500 orders that were shipped with another software. They show shipped in shipstation as they pulled the status from magento but on the front end tracking page (what the customer sees) it shows that it has not shipped. This is very confusing to the customer but it also means that we would not be able to use this feature for at least 90 days.

Additionally, we ship with dropshippers where an order may be shipped from our FC and then dropshipped from a supplier. If a customer goes to do…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8. Branded Tracking Page Not Working: Redirecting to Carrier Tracking Page

Despite rigorous research and all settings exactly how they need to be -
    the shipment notification emails have the tracking number linked, but only brings to the carrier tracking page rather than the branded tracking page. It seems as though there is some sort of redirect taking place. I’ve added myself to receive a copy of all notifications, so I’ve been able to test to what customer is receiving.

For example - I 'right click' > copy link of tracking number (directly from email to customer i'm cc'd on: (paste) http://email.shipstation.com/wf/click?upn=0PLZqFmfNmqC1zxwC9MhIrMQPWAajFzJEuNFCtFeD1d7sQiy-2B0H5hRrZyfSZ0w6-2BeFzBYojkM7lcQTaEwVQRUl1rBoIOydzSO4eQiJxdIQYAp0ynStyWHJ7WrHKvtttk_QOj-2FXWMwrtGhHdk0ao-2FYqUR7NLCcPAsAQAQkLXL0LsKL0BEp-2BiaN7BcvK4EehINjin-2FUuzVtmzwPPIPokGrOpzNGzFZCehwNsrYcHM61M3r-2B3zdEMywjG5cq5EMME6KSft9hkKwDncwxQw10rW-2FqHgv0p06nTqWIBRQ1-2F2gjiplBRQOQLw1DhZ5-2FV2sasf-2BI5gE4e1w8SJe8rIjrL8EHiVBY-2FdrHyVzQYAmiejoV7nRrfrySK78Li3IK3ylYLyZlh3rH9DiCpH09pWbNCACHLmZ5-2B5yc1g0wTRMLtAhmrXxjM0Z3pmpD5wFZd32aa2LPYw-2FXAXHuEqlBMBy-2BFd8AZ-2BLnjuc9Byq2SfiwiLTGkhL80cM9cipx8TDott0EpdIa

The page that the link ultimately opens up: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tLabels=9405511898463897916472

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9. Two Ebay accounts. Combine shipping and only one get Tracking??

Two separate accounts! Post tracking for both transactions. Not that difficult, guys!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @David thank you for bringing this up. When combining orders we provide the tracking information for both orders, but the case of eBay it looks like they won’t accept a tracking number that is already being used for an order.

If you have more questions on this, please chat in with our folks and we’ll look into it.

10. Update Paypal transactions with tracking numbers

All of my Marketplace Channels update the tracking information automatically, except PayPal. What do I need to do to help this to happen?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Eric, thanks for bringing this up! Since Paypal created their own custom integration with ShipStation, we rely on them to choose the data they transmit back to us. They decided to exclude tracking numbers with their integration, so I would recommend reaching out to Paypal to see if this is something they can work into a future update or if it’s something they have on the roadmap.

11. Make an account inactive but not the shipping data from it.

Make an account inactive but not the shipping data from it within insights and reports.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Mike

Thanks for your feedback.

We do provide the option to export your data at anytime via a CSV file from the insights page.

While there will be no access to the historical data on a closed account you do have the option to reopen your account and view that data at anytime, including with our $9/month Starter plan.

12. number of boxes

It would be very helpful for the shipment notification email that is sent to customers to include the total number of boxes/packages in the shipment. I have had several situations where the customers have to pick up from a UPS access point and they only pick up the one package with the master tracking and not realize there are multiple.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13. Separate addresses for return vs outbound choices

At the moment we can only choose return address based on the addresses that we utilize for outbound shipments, however there are plenty of orders that we drop ship and can return directly to the drop shipper.

We would like shipstation to consider adding a separate section for return addresses that can then be used from within "Return Shipping Info" drop down tab.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Alex, thanks for the update.

I’ve seen other users create ship from locations specifically used for drop shippers. Even if you don’t dispatch from these locations, when creating the return your label in ShipStation, the label will use the “return address” portion of the Ship From Location.

For now, I recommend reaching out to our support team to see if there are other solutions that will work for you today. Since this idea hasn’t gained traction from many users, we are closing this idea to return your votes. This way you can use them on other ideas or resubmit your idea in a different way so other users can share their thoughts, too.

14. Create an additional column in shipped orders for transit status

In the shipped orders tab there is no way to determine if an order is actually shipped, or if the label was created and not used.

We do repairs as part of our operations and provide labels to customers. Some use them, some do not. We would like to easily see which ones are not being used and also have better visibility on incoming shipments to aid in operations.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. LastPass and FireFox

I alerted you to the fact that your login screens are too javascripty fancy schmancy and I guess you didnt like hearing that, so you closed it. http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/126593-idea-archive/suggestions/18022636-get-rid-of-fancy-login-screens-too-much-javascri
    Every time I hit your login, it whizzes and whirrs 2 times and still doesnt get filled in by last pass. Furthermore, you've seen fit to disable my FF plugin that allows me to see the password. I'm sure you think thats like super secure and all but the only thing behind me, reading my password, over my shoulder is a plant and that thing is pret-near dead. Also, whenever you do…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Product Detail Automation

We create and post for sale at midnight every day 4 new items ( 2 items with 2 variants each). Is there a way to create an automation rule that on import of the first order of each new item is assigned a warehouse location (essentially the date -- ex: 041817) and a preset group is applied?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17. Option to add Service and package

Is it possible to provide an option to select the Service and Package at the order entry page? This feature can be optional.

If provided, it will help set 3rd party shipping accounts using accounts using the automation rules at the time of order creation instead of reprocessing automation rules.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We haven’t seen any activity since our last update (you can read them by clicking “Show previous admin responses” in the forum) so we are closing it to give your votes back. This allows you to use your votes on other ideas and will help us prioritize the most active ideas.

Please let us know if you’re still interested in this idea, and we’ll re-open it to see what other users think with the added information. All of your input is on our radar and we appreciate your insights!

18. ability to expand multiple items in the main view.

There should be a way to see the items without having to click on the order.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We haven’t seen any activity since our last update (you can read them by clicking “Show previous admin responses” in the forum) so we are closing it to give your votes back. This allows you to use your votes on other ideas and will help us prioritize the most active ideas.

Please let us know if you’re still interested in this idea, and we’ll re-open it to see what other users think with the added information. All of your input is on our radar and we appreciate your insights!

19. Import All FBA Orders for API Usage

We built our own ERP solution that uses ShipStation as the source data. When trying to view orders by date, we include both FBM and FBA orders. ShipStation only downloads FBA orders that are marked shipped by Amazon. Not all FBA shipments are two-day, so to see the total sales for today across all of our channels, we have to wait a few days. From my personal experience, Amazon may wait 4 days to ship so that it is there for day 5.

It is a decent sized hole in our operations, forcing us to log into the Amazon backend…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi!

Currently, Amazon restricts which orders are available to third party applications like ours. Due to this limitation that is placed on us, we will not be able to further look into adding such a feature. Due to this restriction, we are going to archive this idea.

If you do find documentation of Amazon allowing all FBA orders being allowed to be exported from Amazon’s system, we will gladly reopen this idea to investigate further.

20. Shipstation not identifying Multi-Location in single order

Whenever Channel Advisor has order with more than 1 Distribution Center (warehouse) in single order, shipstation is randomly assigning only 1 warehouse and ignoring the 2nd warehouse in same order, resulting in incorrect warehouse and no option to handle such orders in automation rules in any manner.

Simple solution of mapping order tag for each DC would resolve many issues are we could use automation rules to reduce and isolate such orders by split/alerts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Idea Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base